• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accessing storage servers through Win Explorer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

The first time I accessed my storage server through Windows Explorer I was asked for my usename and password for that server, so I put them in and it connected fine. But now every time I connect to the server through Windows Explorer it goes straight to my files without asking for a password.
What if another user on that server what to access there files from my PC, how do I change the username and password?

The first time I accessed my storage server through Windows Explorer I was asked for my usename and password for that server, so I put them in and it connected fine. But now every time I connect to the server through Windows Explorer it goes straight to my files without asking for a password.
What if another user on that server what to access there files from my PC, how do I change the username and password?

Try unmounting it by hand from my computer and see what it says the next time you connect. I think it will ask for the username and password again. Saving the user id / password is not a very good idea if you have a shared computer.

The computer is not shared.
I don't have any of the CC files/drives mapped to Windows I just get to them through:-

My Network Places-Entire Network-Microsoft Windows Network-Mshome-Clarkconnect

Any other ideas?

i have a win 2k3 box as my server and its only the first time a computer connects to the shared folders it asks for user and pass untill i restart the client computer.

Back