• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would a Q6600 be a big upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

Specs are in sig. If I upgraded to a Q6600 from my E6750, would it be a real noticeable upgrade? I don't really do much besides browse the internet, play WoW with a bit of CoD4 here and there. I do run WoW alot of the times on two monitors, a different account on each one. Vista 32bit right now, really need to upgrade to 64bit. Would it be worth the money?

Nope, you won't see a difference, none of those are multithreaded. ;)

For those apps, nope. I don't know why people think that quad cores are the next step up for them... If you do any sort of heavy compiling or compression and the applications support multithreading then sure but otherwise there's virtually no difference.

Wait for the next generation coming at the end of the year. Perhaps we will see some reasonable performance boost for the apps you are using.

I would stay with the E6750 or maybe get E7200 for $140 if you want to run at 4Ghz with low voltage (< 1.4 volts). I would certainly not get a Q6600 for your needs.

Stay with the E6750 and save your money for a future upgrade. That's what I'm doin.

+1 for that, I'm gonna jump all over Nehalem later this year tho :p

edit: IF someone bothers to make a mATX board for it in time for launch :p

Back