• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water plus PC's do not mix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

visionco

Just thought I would let everyone know that I will not be folding for Team 32 for some time. On Sunday Morning at 9am the sewer system backed up at my new house and flooded the basement where I ran my PC repair business. Right now I lost the farm which consisted of 4 quads, 2 C2D's and 2 servers.

I also lost numerous customer PC's so replacing the systems will be a priority. Right now the water has stopped coming in but the damage is done to the basement. Thankfully damage is minimal to personal property but the business got hit hard. So for some time my PPD will be minimal till I can get some more folders on board.

The thing that sucks about this is that my insurance company does cover flood damage but not sewer backups. I will have to file a claim with the sewer company but trying to get money for them will be hard but my lawyer will get those a@@holes for their mistake.

Keep folding guys I will be back when I can.

Plus a side not I am so ****ed and tired that I fudged up the thread title.

that's insane, I'm sorry about that.

Good luck with your battle with the sewer company :(

can processors themselves make it through a flood like that?

Aw crap dude! WTH is the flood insurance for? Tsunamis? Jeez...I would consider that flood damage. I would report the Insurance Claim to the Isurance General of your State if the Sewer Company does not step up.

No kidding... someone is responsible, and that would be the sewer company.

I hope you take those suckers to the bank! :) Good thing you have access to the equipment you lost, though it might be stinky, so you can document your loss.

you better pray that your insurance adjuster doesn't think your running a business, he will deny your claim and drop you faster than you can blink.

Good luck Visionco! Let us know how you're doing please, even if you can't fold.

I hate to hear that this happened. Makes me think about the safety of my setup from a flood. Hope you recover quickly and no more bad effects from this, I wish you the best Visionco.

take them to the wall !!
eye hate INS. companys:mad: eye have had morrrrrrre than my share of thier stealing from the general public :bang head

go to guns and dont give up from my experince it will take 3 years at least :mad:

good luck !

Ouch mate, sorry to hear it :(

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Back