• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Review : Asus P5E64 WS Evolution.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nosfer@tu

Sioux a Crew member here at OCTeamDenmark got his hand on the new Asus Flagship, the P5E64 WS Evolution (WS stands for Workstation). This motherboard has so many features and gadgets that we don´t even want to start mentioning them here. Fact of the matter is, it looks good, it behaves good, and it overclocks brilliantly. The test is preformed using a Intel Wolfdale Dualcore E8500 and alos a Intel Yorksfield Quadcore QX9650. This is done because the maximum fsb any motherboard can varie with Dual core and Quardcore. The test´s we see now has been done with air and they are quite amazing. Dryice, the more exotic form of cooling that can bring down your cpu to -79 °C will be testet soon. This is done to truly show what and IF the board has any weaknesses. Enjoy the bios screenshots and try them out for your self if you already have the board.

Hi Guys :)

Recently i had a chance to test one of ASUS´s new x48 DDR3 motherboards. The P5E64 WS Evolution.

Now comming from the P5E WS PRO DDR2 x38, wich is a board i love do to its stability and overclocking ability, it was hard for me to belive that there was something better on the market for me....well i was wrong:)

The P5E64 WS Evolution is realy a dreamboard if you ask me. Its stable as a rock, have great OC potential......and it looks good:D

Enought talk......lets see some pics of this bad boy :D

44680982zd4.jpg

69697655th7.jpg

img0540mn3.jpg

Setup:

CPU: E8500 Q746A583 Stock cooler
MB : ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution (unmodded)
RAM: Cellshock 1866 Blue kit 8-8-8-18
GFX: XFX 9800GX2 stock
PSU: NorthQ Giant Reactor 1KW

Source : http://www.octeamdenmark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848

thanks for posting that up!! will be able to make more comments later when i get home. hate not being able to see pics at work.

He hasent done extreem overclocking yet :D

I would kick him if he lived rigth next to me

Back