• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a prog that shows actual ddr2 volts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

These darn gigabyte boards, don't give you actual voltage settings, just some cryptic additions like +.05 +.06 etc...I'm getting ddr voltage fail on my new ram already, and need to know how far up I should go, because these sticks are supposed to be run at 2.3-2.35v, and my board defaults to 1.8v in the bios...so I figure that I need to go up by .4 to get to 2.3v?
Maybe I should relax the timings a bit? Right now they are at 501mhz at 4-4-4-11

2.3 - 0.5 = 1.8

So, you would need to do +0.5. Yes, I do agree though, the settings are asinine >.>

1000mhz @ 4-4-4-11 is pretty good :thup:

I think it's time for me to save up for ddr3...I don't want to be on the bleeding edge of ddr2 and watch the chips fall short of expectations.

I never reset the cmos when I installed the Kingston ram..of course I didn't reset when I installed the OCZ ram either.
And no I'm not mixing the ram together....I don't think it will work as the Kingston is PC9200, and the OCZ is PC6400.
So the OCZ is lying around just in case I need to RMA these new sticks to Kingston.
What really gets me riled is that I haven't even gone up to their advertised frequency of 1150mhz. :bang head

What really gets me riled is that I haven't even gone up to their advertised frequency of 1150mhz. :bang head
What I would suggest doing is getting the specs for the exact kit on their own website (print it out, save it, whatever you have to do. Get proof) and run it exactly at those speeds. If it fails, RMA :)

If there is a sensor it should. No guarantee on the accuracy of it though. Best bet is a multimeter if you really want to know :beer:

Back