• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphics card advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

So a friend of mine wants a new computer. Mainly for the purpose of playing Age of Empires 3. I was thinking about getting an HD2600XT for him, but I'm wondering how it compares to the HD3650 or 8600gt/gts. I'd prefer to stick with ATI, but I want to get him the most for his money. He won't really know the difference :) This is on a budget as well, so sub $100 for the graphics card is all he can afford. So no 3850/3870 or 8800gt/gts or 9600gt suggestions please.

how much is he looking to spend? and i wouldnt get the 2600 series i had that card...and its honestly crap...
if your looking for budget take a look at the 8800gt, 2900xt, 3850-70...

how much is he looking to spend? and i wouldnt get the 2600 series i had that card...and its honestly crap...
if your looking for budget take a look at the 8800gt, 2900xt, 3850-70...

Im sorry, but please read someones post before commenting.

I would recommened the HD3650, it uses less power so requires a smaller PSU, and generates less heat. And will be enough of a card for the game he plays.

8800 GS after rebate

I'd say this is a pretty solid deal (snatched from slickdeals). This is the card I would recommend for your budget. There is a rebate involved, but a rebate that is ~33% of the value of the product is worthwhile.

Wow that is a super deal. I'd love to stick with ATI but I don't think I will find a deal that beats that. Thanks for the tip evomac!

Back