• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

qx9770 OC Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

canadian_mofo

Registered
Ok trying to OC this qx9770 on my asus striker II extreme but having some real problems. All ive done is increased the multiplier to 10 and upped the voltage and prime 95 keeps locking. Ive upped the voltage untill the point that cpu-z recognizes 1.47 (of course in the asus bios the voltage is quite a bit higher then what cpu-z recognizes it as) and still nothing. What am I missing?? Do i have to mess with anything else?? The ram I'm using is 0cz3p1600eb4gk OCZ DDR PC3-12800 Platinum dual channel enhanced bandwidth. Should i be messing with any of the settings for this ram??

oh and im on water. I dropped the voltage down to what cpu-z recognizes as 1.312 (asus bios is set as 1.425) and have it at 400X9 for 3.6GHZ. Now when i only test the CPU in prime 95 at these settings it runs fine. Core temp is reading 65C (is that a normal temp for this chip on a water?)

another really wierd thing is my ram is running at 1333 instead of 1600... And every time i go in to change the volts back to stock 1.9 and 1600 FSB i get a memory dump error while entering windows.

running windows xp 32 bit with 8 gigs of this stuff. Switched from 64bit xp cause it was unstable as hell. Im stumped though why the bios would have the ram running at a lower rated speed then stock and when i put it to the apparent stock settings it has this damn memory dump

do you have 1600mhz ddr3? if not then that explains it, 1600 would be an overclocked value. if you're just trying to UP the FSB till you reach 1600, check your memory multipliers, it's probably jumping it beyond 1600.. hence why it will not boot. i lost track of memory.. what does pc3-12800 translate to for a memory speed?...:confused:

8 gigs of RAM in a XP 32-bit system?.. i would figure that as pointless.. Windows cannot see anything more than 3.25GB as it is, why don't you try your settings with either 2 or 4 gb of ram instead and see if that makes any kind of difference.

also, i would recommend putting your system specs in your signature. the amount of information gathered from that can greatly increase the chances of someone on here fixing your problem and getting your system overclocked and stable. :)

12800 translates to 1600FSB but found out after reading other forums that with 4 sticks no board at the moment will allow for 1600FSB unfortunatley. Still makes no sence why i cant get the 10 X 400 to work to get 4.0GHz on this cpu. And its actually my friends system and thats why its not in my sig. He also seems to think that even though 32bit windows only recognizes 3.25 gigs of ram that all 8 will still get used. Either way he bought them as he planned on using 64bit XP but it was absolutely horrendously unstable and he hates vista so.

Back