• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abits IP35 - need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
ok, I had picked up 2 IP35 boards 2 days ago.

They "tested" fine at the store.

[test config= corsair memory, GF6x00 PCI-e card, E6600 & stock HS]
Ran fine.

I get it home & no post. :bang head

I go thru 2 hours on one board & 2 on the other trying to get them to work.
[my setup= Celly 775/ 4300DC, Adata memory, ATI x1800XT PCI-e, stock HS/F]

Take the boards back to store - recheck = 1 board bad, 1 board Fine. :eek: :screwy: WTF?

Grab one off the shelf, tests fine, I trade bad board in.
Still no go.

I see peeps doing fine Folding & such on these.
CW likes them for BAR rigs.

Are these boards that picky???? :confused:

I have to say WII, a lot of people get great results with these boards... I just wasn't one of them. I still need to RMA my IP35-Pro. :-/

I'd have to guess that it's memory... just may not like those Adata sticks. If you've got another brand around, even if you have to pull it just to test, then I'd give that a shot.

Just to be sure though... unplug, pull the battery, and clear the CMOS for 10~15 minutes, then reverse and power up. I had a lot of trouble getting my IP35-Pro to POST, of course there is just something wrong with the board I got b/c I'm using all the same components in my EP35-DS4 and I'm easily stable (now b/c I said that my rig is going to go bonkers tomorrow). :rolleyes:

I even had times where I would boot up from a cleared CMOS, enter BIOS, load Optimized Defaults, save... then the darn thing wouldn't POST. I mean, come on... it's Optimized Defaults. :-/. Again, something is wrong with the board I got... I hope you end up having better luck than I.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

what you say just makes me want to believe they are troublesome boards period.

That is prolly why the discontinued them.

Ok, I'm just gonna stay away from them then. :(

bummer.

too bad too. they were $10 each.

Never tried the IP35 model myself, but i have nothing bad to say about the Pro or E.

Very stable boards.

Most of mine run ocz with bios 14. I did run into some mem compatibility issues with bios 16. When you tested it @ the store, do you remember what bios it was running ??

I've got some older Abit boards, and they needed 1.8V memory sticks, would not boot with 2 volt'ers.

What I had to do was get a pair of 1.8 volt RAM sticks, then go into the BIOS and set it for 2 or 2.2 volts, I forget which. Save that, and then they were good to go.

Did the memory thing. 1 stick, different slots, it's 1.8v stuff. cheap-o.

Tried PCI video. didn't like that either.

Might hang onto it, for the time being. in case I happen to get memory/ vid card that works with it.
might make it frisbee too. :shrug: :D

By any chance did you try switching cpu's? I had a board (not abit) that was not compatible with the Allendale chips "E4x00"

Which was a pain in the rear.

Could be this:shrug:

I only mention it because you tested in the store with an E6600.
And have tried just about everything.

Any chance you know which bios it has?
Version 17 is the newest

Enermax 430W.
Also tried a Corsair 530W w/modular cables.

no joy.
I really think the combo of non compatable memory & same same on the vid.
I have a different vid card coming from the egg this week, so I'll see how it goes.

Replacing the case now.
Come to find out, when screwing the Vid card down, it pulls out of the slot.

The case is out of spec. When you screw down a card, it pulls it out of the slot.

Although, even on the bench, I could not get it to work. (no screws)

Back