• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does my PSU have enough for Tri-SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope - not with those cards. IIRC the Corsair HX1000 is the smallest unit certified for three way.

You gotta remember that the GTX/Ultra were the two highest rated Nvidia cards for power consumption. Meaning they eat it like candy. I'm thinking the Ultra has a recommended amperage of 34A while the GTX was only slightly less. That's 10A more than the GT. Now think you're wanting to run 3 of them. Not sure if they have been unseated by the GX2, but i'd imagine they have been.

Axis

I'm thinking the Ultra has a recommended amperage of 34A while the GTX was only slightly less.

That's for the whole system. I usually figure 14A draw each card for those GTX's and Ultras, just to be safe.

Just FYI Tri-SLI is merely for benchmarking. You will notice almost no scaling increase verses 2 cards in real world performance :( Maybe they will fix this but as of right now not really worth it unless you’re just benching.

yea your gonna a really high res to really see the affect of using tri-sli. samething going with the X2's in sli....

Back