• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking FSB on an ASUS P5E-VM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HLines

Hi,

Sorry this is such a n00bish way to start but I was having a look at my mates P5E-VM and Q6600 last night and much as I tried I was unable to unlock the FSB and make any changes.

Is there something glaringly obvious I'm missing? Tried switching the options within the BIOS Jumperfree Configuration but no success so far. Really not familiar with this board at all.

Thanks in advance. :)

I can think of a few things but I will not elaborate.

1) Flash bios
2) 3rd party program, much like rivatuner
3) Put all options in jumperfree to manual (you've tried, so I don't think that will help)

You think flashing the BIOS will help? I was kind of hoping that this board would be tweakable out of the box.

Please! :(

If it comes to it I'll flash the BIOS but if I'm just missing something stupid then feel free to point that out.

I tried. I set Ai Overclocking to Manual but the CPU Ratio Control was just greyed out.

If I remember correctly the CPU Ratio COntrol would be under CPU parameters not the main "extreme tweaker" or tweaking tab as it's called. Set the AI Overclocker to manual and then see if the FSB is able to be changed, if it is then you'll have to go into the CPU parameter page and take it off Auto and key in the Multi you want.

BTW....:welcome: to OCF!

Thanks, I'll have to give that a go. Not going to be until tomorrow evening now anyway but if anyone happens to read this thread that has this mobo, or just recognises what I'm doing wrong, please put me straight.

Back