• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a list of dremels.. Can you please help me choose the right one..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yahonmaizosz

These are the lists of Dremels that I am interested at..

$53

$62

$80

Basically, I want a tool that is able to cut through my case for an easy wire management, cut holes for 120mm fans.

If there is a cheaper alternatives, please do tell me..

:)

The dremel I use is the original when they first came out so I don't know the difference in the 300 and 400 but I'd say the cheapest one will be fine. The first two are the same tools just the second one has more accessories/ attachments. The third one seems like a monster that may be worth it if you run a case modding business but for the average home user doesn't seem worth it unless you have spare money laying around.

The only thing I would look into is how easy it would be for you to get more accessories since the second option's extra accessories are just multiples of the same things the first has it could be worth it if you don't have access to replacements.

Thx for all the input guys..
I may be very familiar and comfortable with computer hardware, but when it came to these kind of modding that that require power tools, I am a complete noob..

The reason why I do not want to overspend on these power tools is because I am a student. It would be hard living in an apartment with all these tools and no space to put them..

Keep the precious info coming guys.. :)

Last edited:
Get the 400, it can mount the vertical attachment (the thing that looks liek a hollow cup) it was intended for making straight drywall cuts but it is handy for any straight cuts.
I have the 300 series and it works well, I just can't use the fancy attachments. (theres a lawnmower blade sharpener add on, but only for the 400)
If you aren't worried about the wonderful various future applications then get the cheaper 300, the only difference between the 53$ and 62$ is the amount of 'extras' you get with the drill. It looks like a pretty decent amount for $9 but yuou can but that stuff at most discount outlets like Odd Lots.

It looks like the 400XPR looks like a winner..
Just want to be sure, it can cut through this case with no problem right?
Don't want to buy something to find out that it will not be working the way I thought it should..

:)

Using those cutoff discs, you can cut through basically anything. Go to town man, and then post pics.

Using those cutoff discs, you can cut through basically anything. Go to town man, and then post pics.

Ok man.. Still waiting for the Cosmos S revision to come out and then I will make my mind up..

The reason why I am asking this is because I doubt that the Revision of Cosmos S will outwin the Lian Li V2010 in term of Design and Upgradability..

But, you'll never know till you see the item for yourself right..:beer:

I just bought the Dremel 400XPR kit listed there, from sears hardware, and I have to say it works great! It has a good grip and adjustable RPM's, and a nice shaft lock so you can loosen your chuck.

It comes with plenty of bits and cutting wheels to get you started, and yes it comes with a drill bit so you can drill holes.

I'm doing a case mod right now and will be done hopefuly friday afternoon.

Heres a link to the Dremel thread I have going, it will be updated with pics soon. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=560427

Sorry, i'm not trying to steal your thread, just enhance it. These are awesome tools. And definately buy Dremel Brand. Craftsman is probably good, but Dremel is the original.

That is the exact one I have, works perfect. :)

Cut my steel (!!) Armor case without hesitation.

I guess, I should take this one then.. Since I will be using it mainly for cutting 120mm fans, drilling some holes for it, cutting some holes for cable management..

This will be very cheap as we will divide the price by 1/2..:beer:

Sorry, i'm not trying to steal your thread, just enhance it. These are awesome tools. And definately buy Dremel Brand. Craftsman is probably good, but Dremel is the original.

I would be crazy if I were to be offended by your post.. :):):)

I did it! I just bought the the $53 dremel and I share it with my friends!! Can't wait for it to arrive.. Gonna use it on my friend's case as a "Guinea Pig" before I actually cut my new case..:)

Please don't tell this to my friend..:)

Back