• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This about right for purchasing LN2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
I finally found a place to get LN2, it's a half hour away in Tampa, FL. For some reason I can't seem to find it anywhere closer.

Anyway I asked a price on the phone for 30L, the guy said $65. Is that price about right? And is that about the amount I'll be buying each time?

And since I don't have my own dewar yet he said they rent them for about an aditional $9.

It gets better, it gets worse. You can get down below a dollar a liter in some areas if you're lucky, but in others it can be as expensive as 4. Overall the prices you got quoted are reasonable. If you're a consistent customer you can cross your fingers that they'll start reducing your rate down the road.

Is it north or south of tampa? I might start doing some extreme benching if its south of tampa.

I have no idea, I think it's right in Tampa. It's a place called Crumpton Welding Supplies on N. 34th Street.

It gets better, it gets worse. You can get down below a dollar a liter in some areas if you're lucky, but in others it can be as expensive as 4. Overall the prices you got quoted are reasonable. If you're a consistent customer you can cross your fingers that they'll start reducing your rate down the road.

Thanks G :)

i started paying ~2 a liter to fill a 10 liter dewar, now they're wanting ~2.50-3/liter :( they keep telling me gas prices are making it go up :(
btw try doing a google search for medical gases? that's how I found about 6 diff suppliers in nashville area, a little competition makes pricing better :D, here's a bunch for tampa, but you may find some closer ;)

Last edited:
well for me 10 liters lasts for about 3-4 hours of benching, and I've got a tiny dewar :), but if you're gonna buy or rent one, def do 30 or more, I just couldn't pass up the deal on this one ;), and it's also normally cheaper for larger amounts as they'll give quantity discounts

Looks like this thread isnt really still active but on Long Island NY I pay approx $130 for 70-75 liters.

Thats the price with a company I have been a customer with for 10 years and purchase all of my medical gases from them.

Id say your price is pretty decent from my limited and local experience.

Back