• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualeron 1.0A and GA6OXET-C are together....not too good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oldfart

****UPDATED***Tualeron 1.0A and GA6OXET-C are together....GETTING BETTER!!******

Well, I got the parts, put her together and not having a good time. Couple of things. It is 1.475 Vcore despite what the Intel site says. The factory HS/Fan is pretty small. Not like the one that come on a Coppermine PIII 1 G.

I flashed to F9D bios, and am using a big Taisol HS/Fan, ASII compound.

I cant even get this thing to 1.45 GHz. I've been as high as 1.675 Vcore, and it will hang either on post or when loading Win2K. I dont think I want to go any higher than that.

The best so far is 1.4 GHz @ 1.625 Vcore. I'm not sure yet if that is even stable. This is not what I was expecting.

Another thing is I seem to have a warm boot problem. When I make a freq change in the bios and reboot, The system will hang until I remove power and power up again.

My ram and other components are fine. I ran the same parts in my CUSL2 PIII 1 G @ 150 FSB.

Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
Ugh....I'm disgusted. 1.4 GHz, 1.625 voltage even locks. This sucks. My PIII CUSL2 setup was better than this.

HELP!

That's not what I was expecting either. How's your temperatures doing?

Maybe you need to give some time to let your system to OC higher later? Donno.... but still, it should be able to get you right up 1.5Ghz with it. You think it's the mobo holding your back or the 1.0A? Let see what ol'man would say.

**Edited by Moderator**

Ok...enough of the profanity! I'll use the word you did here "$hit"...continue to skirt the profanity filter, and you'll be reading, not posting again!

Mr B
Forums and Classifieds Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know yet. I'm going to put my PIII 1 G in and see if it will go to 150 FSB, 1125 MHZ @ default Vcore like it would on the CUSL2. Right now I'm trying 1.4 GHz @ 1.65 Vcore. Dont know temps yet.

I'll try. Voltage to....??? what level? How do I check temp on this thing?

Use Motherboard Monitor to check your temperatures.

Try going 75fsbx12 for 900 and the core up to 1.6v be very careful and monitor temperatures.

I cant go 12x. the CPU is a 10X. I'm running it now 10 x 100 (default) 1.65 Vcore.

I have to get a new MBM I guess. I cant get it to read temps.

Use MBM 5.1....The latest version. Select the ITE hardware monitoring chip and thermal diode (I think that's the one, going off the top of my head here!) and read the readme file in regards to turning off the PC beeper every time you start up MBM 5.1. That's what i'm using and it works a treat!

Was a bit worried about those Celeron Tualatin 1.0's....

Not sure about the Gigabyte board you are using but the ST6 uses the WinBond 2 - P2 thermal diode sensor in MBM to read the CPU temp. WinBond 1 sensor reads the board temp. Did your board include any utilities like the winbond HW doctor on the CD?

We need to get the Gigabyte board guru ol'man in here to help you out. Hang in there.... you will get it up to 1500 stable. Sometimes it takes a little more tweaking. Let us know how the board works with your PIII Cumine and if you can run it at 150FSB like on the CUSL board. If it can then that would certainly indicate the problem is not with the board.

I would be very disappointed if the 1.0A and 1.1A celerys have trouble getting to 1500 since the 1.2s did it so easily. I just ordered one myself last night.

Sorry I meant Flu!d is the Gigabyte guru, ol'man is on an ST6 I believe. OF you should also have some temp readings in your Bios somewhere, how does the CPU one look in there?

Last edited:
Since you have the same mobo, could you post your bios settings? The hang on reboot is very annoying. Even if I reboot Windows it will do it unless I'm at stock 1 GHz

MaxFSB said:
Not sure about the Gigabyte board you are using but the ST6 uses the WinBond 2 - P2 thermal diode sensor in MBM to read the CPU temp. WinBond 1 sensor reads the board temp. Did your board include any utilities like the winbond HW doctor on the CD?

We need to get the Gigabyte board guru ol'man in here to help you out. Hang in there.... you will get it up to 1500 stable. Sometimes it takes a little more tweaking. Let us know how the board works with your PIII Cumine and if you can run it at 150FSB like on the CUSL board. If it can then that would certainly indicate the problem is not with the board.

I would be very disappointed if the 1.0A and 1.1A celerys have trouble getting to 1500 since the 1.2s did it so easily. I just ordered one myself last night.

Hey thanks for calling me a GB GURU anyway even though I have never owned one. I have owned pretty much all ABIT boards. I have a IWILL BD100+ which seems to be okay actually. I know more about ABIT mobo's than any other and I was waiting to hear how well this MOBO and chip did. Doesn't sound promising! I had someone tell me that the GB board didn't allow yoru ram to OC as well on this board. Can you set the ram down to 3/4 fsb speed like on the ST6. Try this! I know one who has the ST6 and a 1.0A and it does 1400MHz on default vcore. I may just get the ST6 as I know for sure it does ~170fsb even with the 1/4 dividers. Even my generic micron ram did 167fsb in this board.

Back to the matter at hand here, I would try the ram at 3/4 fsb and maybe disable tohe on board sound or other stuff if there is any! Are you sure your pll setting is in the right place?

Fluid should be the one with the answers here! I don't really know much about this board!

Ok, I put the Coppermine in, ran it @ 150 FSB and it works fine. I did notice something odd that may have something to do with it.

The overclocking menu when the Coppermine (normal 133 FSB) CPU in is different when the Tualatin is in.

If the Coppermine is in and PCI/AGP Divider is set to disabled, the PCI/AGP clock is 33/66

If the Tualatin is in, and PCI/AGP divider is set to disabled, the PCI/AGP is 44/88. I have to use the PLL/16 to make it 33/66.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear on this point. I have to use that special PLL option if I overclock. I dont know if it has anything to do with my problem, or if the CPU just sucks.

I know may ram is good for 150 FSB. Only onboard sound is AC97 and its disabled. PIII 1 G works fine @ 150 FSB on this board. Should Auto Detect DIMM/PCI CLK be ena or disa?

I am completely disgusted with this project. Total failure at this point. I can get it stable @ 1.33 @ 1.6V, but it will hang when I reboot. That I cant live with. If I could fix that, I could live with the POS for awhile. This SUX.

oldfart said:
Ok, I put the Coppermine in, ran it @ 150 FSB and it works fine. I did notice something odd that may have something to do with it.

The overclocking menu when the Coppermine (normal 133 FSB) CPU in is different when the Tualatin is in.

If the Coppermine is in and PCI/AGP Divider is set to disabled, the PCI/AGP clock is 33/66

If the Tualatin is in, and PCI/AGP divider is set to disabled, the PCI/AGP is 44/88. I have to use the PLL/16 to make it 33/66.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear on this point. I have to use that special PLL option if I overclock. I dont know if it has anything to do with my problem, or if the CPU just sucks.

I doubt the CPU sucks! None of these chips have really sucked and getting to 1400MHz should not be a chore. Maybe try and make the chip a default 133fsb! I guess this can possibly be done by covering a certain pin!

Mine has trouble resetting every now and then but nowhere as bad as yours sounds Oldfart and remains totally stable....Possibly an issue with the beta bios?! Or just the chip on the edge....

It is quite possible Intel uses the 'lower quallity' yeilds as Celeron Tualatin 1.0 and 1.1's and therefore they don't overclock as well....Which is what I was worried about....

The gigabyte GA-60 series mobos never had a problem with RAM at high speed....Never....I have had two of these boards (GA-60XE and GA-60 XET) both are still going strong and never had any issues with overclocking, except, as I said....'Now and then' my board has an issue resetting - Never worried about it much as I never reset.

Just sounds like a bad chip to me....Your Cumine P3 1000EB at 150 mhz FSB would probably beat that Celeron @ 1.3 gig....

The reason you are getting different overclocking options in the bios with either your cumine or your Tualatin is due to the fact the cumine runs 133 mhz FSB standard and the Tualatin does not....Therefore, with the cumine inserted the bios is 'automatically' selecting the 1/4 pci divider....With the Tualatin inserted 'you' have to select the 1/4 pci divider (pll16).

As a suggestion....Try vid pinninig the chip for more voltage....Just in case it is a bios issue, that may fix the problem....

I'm about to throw this setup into the pail. Anyone have a TUSL2 or ST6 I can borrow? I need to know if this is a mobo problem or a CPU problem. Unless I run the thing stock, I hang on a reboot.

Flu!d said:
TUSL2 ain't gonna help ya....

Yeah but at 133+fsb it would at least have the 1/4 divider. It sounds like maybe the GA-60XET does not really have the 1/4 divider for these chips. I know one who has the 1.0A and it hits 1.4GHz on default vcore. I think the chip is on a ST6 though.

Intel has never really put the lower yielding chips on the lower scale in the past! Look at the 600e and the 700e. Most of them did quite well if memory serves right!

I think at this stage in production they should have those chips figured out production wise. I know that one guy who hit 1400MHz said he could run his 1.0A @ 1.15vcore. When I would down clock my PIII tualatin to 900MHz I could run it on 1.05vcore. That shows there should not be much of a yield difference. I bet they said it runs on a 1.5vcore cause it is simpler to say and really does not affect much about it. Most mobo's run them at 1.5v anyway at default.

Back