• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB key/Flash card to SATA, can it be done?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

Is there any sort of gadget I can get that will allow a USB memory stick or other flash memory card connect to a motherboard via SATA?
I want to install an OS onto a small capacity device and connect via SATA as my motherboard will not boot from USB and small capacity HDD seem to be getting harder to find.

There are CF adapters for both IDE and SATA. Google is your friend.

USB stick is another thing all together. I dont believe there is any USB to IDE or SATA adapter anywhere.

Is there any sort of gadget I can get that will allow a USB memory stick or other flash memory card connect to a motherboard via SATA?
I want to install an OS onto a small capacity device and connect via SATA as my motherboard will not boot from USB and small capacity HDD seem to be getting harder to find.

Its hard to believe that your board cant boot from USB. Have you checked to see if there is a bios update that ads that ability?

Back