• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pricegrabber Ratings vs. Reseller Ratings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How do you feel about pricegrabber ratings?

• I only use resellerratings currently, but might give pricegrabber ratings a try

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Only use resellerratings, won't bother with pricegrabber ratings

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I use resellerratings more than pricegrabber ratings

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I use reselleratings and pricegrabber ratings evenly

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I use pricegrabber ratings more often that resellerratings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only use pricegrabber ratings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care, I always buy from newegg!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
I was looking around the other day for various parts I needed and I came across this: http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_summary.php

I hadn't realized that pricegrabber had ratings like reseller ratings did. It is sort of annoying going to another site when I can use the ones right on pricegrabber. It seems like there are a fair number of people who rated each site, so I'm going to guess its fairly accurate.

Does anyone use the pricegrabber ratings on a regular basis?
Are they accurate?
What are the advantages of resellerratings over pricegrabber ratings? Alternatively what are the advantages of pricegrabber ratings over resellerratings?

Matt

Hmm, never used Pricegrabber ratings. Hell i did'nt even know it was there. I only used Reseller Ratings since it's been well trusted. Not sure if I'll use Pricegrabber Ratings, but I'll give it a test run and see.

I've noticed the PriceGrabber ratings before and used them a few times, but I typically find better vendors than what they carry when going after single items. I do tend to use ResellerRatings more often when coming across a vendor I've never used before though.

pricegrabber has been used for the free review money, resellerratings for the website reviews :) Maybe I can make money reviewing websites too :p

I was looking around the other day for various parts I needed and I came across this: http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_summary.php

I hadn't realized that pricegrabber had ratings like reseller ratings did. It is sort of annoying going to another site when I can use the ones right on pricegrabber. It seems like there are a fair number of people who rated each site, so I'm going to guess its fairly accurate.

Does anyone use the pricegrabber ratings on a regular basis?
Are they accurate?
What are the advantages of resellerratings over pricegrabber ratings? Alternatively what are the advantages of pricegrabber ratings over resellerratings?

Matt

I was just wondering this and then I saw the thread and was like "woah" mdcomp is psychic.

I use resellerratings because they seem to have more stores listed and also because stores take the time to attend to complaints on RR. I have never used PG, but I'm more than happy to give it a shot. :)

i always used pricewatch ... its extremely rare to find a lesser price thru price grabber + theyve always had e-tailer reviews right there w/ the price ... there are very few e-tailers i dont see listed and if they arent listed its easy enough to hit the site and RR. most the time if its a specific pc of hardware i cant find then and only then will i use pricegrabber

I buy many higher end IT items that most vendors listed on RR do not carry.(Try to find 40 Opteron 250s NIB with warranties longer than 90 days on some of the other search sites...) I will use PG ratings to get a general idea of experiences in these cases.

Some vendors with PG will offer discounts for reviews. This is probably what Hazaro was referring to. The discounts are normally honored without any issues.

Back