• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My setup (includeds Blinking LED YT video)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itstemo1

Registered
My setup (includeds Blinking LED YT video) 56k warning

DIY Instructions
http://www.instructables.com/id/Raving-out-your-Computer/

Lights Mod

Pictures
Old Setup with Blue fans and 80mm sidewindow Intake
DSCN4001.jpg

DSCN4018.jpg

DSCN4019.jpg

DSCN4020.jpg

New Setup with MY Blinking LEDS mods and green LEDS with 120mm sidewindow intake
CIMG0193.jpg

CIMG0194.jpg

CIMG0195.jpg

CIMG0196.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

You can see there a loose screw. It might be the one responsible for my dead Graphics card.
CIMG0203.jpg

Idel Temps

Last edited:
That's pretty cool to watch, although I could see it get very annoying after a while.

Can you turn it off?

How hard would something like this be to do yourself?

I originally made this to turn off the lights, but then it became a pulsing/techno case. There are two switches that control the pulsing and the lights on/off.

For the time it takes it is pretty long. To rewire each light it takes about 1-2 hours. The main thing that controls the pulsing is that hard. Just a bit of tight wiring.

lol amen. Get rid of the powmax

Powmax? Its a Apevia X-Superalien. I didn't have to much of a choice. I barely got my self a case with a window. It was that or your regular $10 beige case.

That PSU is going to make some nice fireworks in the middle of your rave..

Yeah I know. I just finish opening my powersupply for the third time (last two times it was because the fan was hitting on a heatsink).

When do you plan on making a "dummy's guide" on how to make a pc into a TECHNO RAVE HOUSE? :p

I will finish the DIY guide as soon as I come back from my vacation in mexico (like next thrusday). I just got my new soldering iron. My last one die and I couldn't find a decend 15 watt soldering iron.

Last edited:
Don't worry dude. I needed to do this long time ago. I blame it on School and Cheap soldering irons from radio shack

I read through the guide but it doesn't say how to sync it with your music

also do you have to build separate ones... say one for high tones and one for low tones?

I read through the guide but it doesn't say how to sync it with your music

also do you have to build separate ones... say one for high tones and one for low tones?

I totally forgot to mention how to hook this this thing up (its up know). What happens when you hook this thing up is that the lights don't totally turn on and off. Instead they sort of lower and increase its brightness.

The only way to control which a espesiffict light to be dimmer than the other ones (for it to only light up when there is a high tone) is by adding a resistor.

Actually I am not 100% sure on that.

Radioshack gets you an awesome soldering iron for 10 bux lol.

Yeah I know, I just didn't have any money. I had to get some from the parents.

Back