• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Houston, we have a problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Note: Do not ever say this:
Diskless farm is running good........

Gf called me today @ work to tell me the basement is flooded. :bang head Get home to have a look and the water is running full on in the back room where the lab is. :eek:

So far i know the server for the diskless farm is down & luckily, only one of the layers.

I'll be cleaning up for abit before i know the extent of the damage.

Cuda's gonna have to take her down a gear or two. Wish me luck.

water seems to kill a lot of farming ! must be the basement :(

hope not much is hurt !!

:eek: Dangit man!!! :bang head

That is terrible news dude!!! Hopefully the loss will be minimal... where'd the water come from anyway? Rain? ...or did something spring a leak?

My sincerest condolences to any lost soldiers. :(

Thanks all.

where'd the water come from anyway? Rain? ...or did something spring a leak?

One of the "T" fittings snapped on a 1/2'' cold water line. Although i'm alittle :mad: it could have been much worse. Near as we can tell that line ran full open for about four hours before someone came home. :eek: The silver lining is the water was shooting almost directly at my sump pump. We'll have to re-do approx 1/2 the theatre, plus whatever folding equipment lost. :(

Next time anyone see's me say things are going good, tell me to take it back!!

Man what a Bummer, sorry to hear the bad news on your farm, and home theatre hope your insured for it,

Cuda, couldn't you have pulled the water pump out of that A block, and sucked the water out?

Sorry to see a Mopar fan, and an Abit user have this loss! (My favourite Mopar was my '70 Roadrunner, with it's 440 Magnum, and the pistol-grip Hurst shifter.) My fave Abit board, (currently) is the AW9D-Max.

If you need help getting your boards running, let me know. I'm a Mod at Abit's Forum.

steve

Thanks Jolly & skou :beer:

Cuda, couldn't you have pulled the water pump out of that A block, and sucked the water out?
LOL

My favourite Mopar was my '70 Roadrunner, with it's 440 Magnum, and the pistol-grip Hurst shifter.
The Runner's second on my list......Look for the pistol-grip shifter to make a come back in 2009, along with a nasty new small block. :cool:

I can't believe it but the server is o.k. & the other layer, just the board is gone. Mad props for APC surge protector's. They were literally full of water and still most everything is ok. :)

Out of this whole mess, only lost one IP35Pro & a 22" BenQ..............bows head.

Fold onward :attn:

Last edited:
Pics for your enjoyment:

1) Far end is diskless farm server. 22" = toast :cry:
2) Source of problem. Fitting on water line to right. This is directly above the 22" in first pic. :mad:
3) Concrete shouldn't have a reflection. :(
4) Bulk of farm, high & dry. :clap:

Attachments

• IMG_0823 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0823 (Large).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0822 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0822 (Large).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0825 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0825 (Large).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0826 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0826 (Large).jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 110
For a set up like that, installing a main water automatic shut off valve that will close off all the house water supply when a sensor (say one in your basement and one in the laundry room, if different), gets wet, could be a real help.

Very glad that nothing else was lost.

Should be available at your plumbing or hardware store, if it's a good one. I've heard that some home insurers will give you a reduced rate as well, but unsure of that.

You'd be surprised how often a burst washing machine feed hose, causes a major amount of damage. Who remembers to replace them every 5 years or so, or to shut off the faucet attachment they connect to?

Back