• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EXPIRED] Hoover U5140-900 Tempo Widepath Bagged Upright Vacuum $49.63 Amazon Fr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
EDIT September 8, 2015: This deal is DEAD. Sorry if you missed it.
It is highly unlikely we will see this deal again in 7 years again! ;).

=========================================

This thread is more than seven years old.
Seven years later, the same vacuum, the same deal guys.
Best Buy through eBay $48.99:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321850592310

Hoover - Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum

U5140-900 Widepath Tempo
U5140900, U5140-900

Is there a better deal than $48 for a quality vacuum cleaner brand new with warranty from a major retailer in 2015? I don't think so.
Was just about to drop $150 at Sears for my mom on a Kenmore 31140, after her $300 vacuum died and all she wanted was the one "like you have".
On a whim, I thought, what if...?

And Best Buy totally just listed it. I bought an extra one for myself!

Hoover U5140-900 Tempo Widepath Bagged Upright Vacuum

March 2008 Consumer Reports rates it best performance to value ratio vacuum cleaner, tested excellent for carpet.

Open up the front of your computer case to vacuum away that dust. Summer is coming, you can't overclock like you used to in the winter :).

I routinely shave off a few degrees every time I remove the dust.

2008:

Vacuums.jpg

2015:

Attachments

• Vacuum2015.png
    Vacuum2015.png
    327.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I just used that vacuum to clean my son's computer from a year's worth of dust on Sunday. Did a nice job of cleaning the CPU's heat sink fins and the dust off the motherboard & cards. I could have still used some compressed air for the psu.

I bought the vacuum from Amazon about 6 months ago after seeing Consumer's review. I needed a vac, and I figured for $70 ($50 is a deal!) I couldn't go wrong. The vacuum has excellent suction, however, it's almost too much. When you use attachments, it collapses the "accordian-like" hose down to about 2 feet. It's difficult to use the tools for anything more than doing the baseboards. Forget about cleaning ceiling fans or cob webs up high unless you actually lift the whole thing off the floor. It would be nice if it came with shoulder straps.

The vacuum's build quality itself is just ok, but the tools and hose seem really cheap. It's easy to manuver in the forward direction because the beater brush pulls pretty hard but for that same reason it produces a lot of resistance on the back stroke. Your arm will start to get tired after a room or two. I would not recommend it to older folks with bad joints.

The fact that it uses bags is a plus - bagless models are great until you have to empty them. Over all it's a great value especially at $50 shipped.

Nice vacuum, if this would've been here a month ago I'd be buying it for sure. Good deal.

Sweet deal! Thanks for posting this man. I cannot tell you how dirty my floor is since I left my old vacuum behind in another apartment move.

What bags do u recommend buying with this vacuum? Does it even matter if its Hoover brand bags?

Excellent deal here!

My mother works at younkers and they carry this vacuum, and even with her employee discount its 57$.

The vacuum uses Hoover Y type bags. I had some leftover Hoover Z bags that will also work if you fold the top down about 4 inches.

Like most bags, the standard Hoover bags do tend to get that funky old vacuum smell after a few uses. I may give the hepa bags a try even though they're a bit pricey.

Yeah. :)

I still vacuumed the front and shaved off four five degrees °C immediately.

Attachments

• FrontDust.jpg
    FrontDust.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Robat vacuum!
You are so cool how I wished I was like you.
With your robat vacuums looking all :cool:!
:)

Back