• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water cooling, how much does it cost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caillech

Registered
I'm new to water cooling. I'm building a new computer and I need extra cooling so Id like to go for water cooling. I am just curious for a basic setup how much does it cost to setup and is it that hard to figure out (mesesd up easy)? Thanks for your input

A good kit made up of pre-selected good parts can be purchased at Petras and a few other places. These kits aren't from one company, they are a collection of GOOD popular parts. For a CPU only loop with a decent 120x2 rad, pump, hose, CPU block is around $200 or so. Of course if you plan to cool the GPU too you'll need a bigger rad and another water block for the GPU. Then your better off building a kit from the myriad of great stuff out there.

I suggest really highly you spend time reading all the stickies here, xtreme forums, and Danger Den.

Cya in a few days after you got an idea what your needs are, your case requirements, and figuring out your budget. Please don't rush and stay away from Thermaltake as ALL of us will agree.

Back