• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Winblows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
I have two comps networked (family comp and mine) and I want to be able to occasionally access my comp from the family comp.
My problem is that whenever I access my HDs from the family computer, winblows saves my password so that anyone can access my HDs again without typing in the password.
I know that I can just change the password, but is there an easier way? BTW, it does that whether I choose have the "save password to list" box checked or not.
Thanks.

You'll probably need to look into some 3rd party networking software. Win98 isn't known for it's file security on networks so you really don't have many options.

Do you have a login when starting Windows? If so, do both PCs use the same username password?

You could try enabling logon to Microsoft network in Network properties and then assigning different username and passwords to each PC. That would help prevent the caching of passwords between the two and you could password protect the folders you want to share.

I'd recommend browsing CNET or 32bit.com for some other utilities to use though, 98 just doesn't really cut it.

Back