• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can I really run PC3000 at/near 370?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I am working on building an Athlon system (XP 1700+) and am trying to consider what ram to purchase. I am planning on using an ABIT KR7A-RAID, which I have heard has worked favorably for overclocking. While I have done some overclocking before, I haven't done anything very extreme. What I am wondering, is if I get OCZ PC3000 memory, is there actually a decent chance of reaching 2Ghz, or should I go with another type of ram. If I shouldn't bother with the PC3000, then what should I use, and what results can I expect. thanks!

i dont trust the ocz its just overclocked PC2100, i suggest the Kingmax PC2700 5ns!!!....thats the best ram i know...Welcome to the Forums :)

Welcome to the forum's,
If you are using air cooling you will most likely get to about 1800mhz max with a much better than average xp-1700 cpu.

If you leave the cpu locked this would be 11x164mhz.

So getting memory capable of reaching 164mhz or 328ddr would be good enough.

You might want to buy memory than can go higher for future upgrade use of if you plan to unlock your cpu and try to see how high you can run your fsb.

Back