• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

frosty trees in crysis...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fishman550

Whenever i look at trees at a certain angle, or long range, they have a strange white frosting around the edges, any way to fix this?

I love the frozen mountain section of Crysis. Probably the most beautifully designed and rendered level of all time.

Maybe too high of clocks on your video card? I used to get something similar but the trees were blue edged when my clocks were too high. Never seen white edges.

i have
GPU Core - 800
Shader - 1950
Memory - 1166

should i try toning them down? see if it fixes it?

Last edited:
Shader clock too high. Drop all settings down to stock and see if you have the same problem. Also, switch to latest NVIDIA drivers.

I actually had that same problem with the demo, no overclocking whatsoever. My full game is fine, tho.

Don't forget how you got frosty tree, you will defiantly miss it when summer really peaks and you don't have AC in the same room as your computer ;)

Back