• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TF2: Pyro achievements/unlocks are next

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

Valve have announced that the Pyro will be getting the next set of achievements/unlocks in TF2.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189941&site=pcg&skip=yes

As the TF2 portion of the presentation was coming to an end, we were treated to a few snippets about the game's next updates: a rough-cut of Meet the Sniper was shown, and the next class to receive an achievement-based upgrade was confirmed to be the Pyro.

I can't wait, Pyro is one of my favorite classes to play because you have to play it completely different than all the other classes to be successful.

I can't wait, Pyro is one of my favorite classes to play because you have to play it completely different than all the other classes to be successful.

lol i think that goes for all classes
I like to be a suicide pyro, keeps other team on defense.

It's incredibly retarded that they aren't releasing all class upgrades at the same time. That way everyone would just play their favorite class like they usually do. We're going to have games full of pyros now.

lol i think that goes for all classes
OK, what I meant to say was you have to play the pyro differently than you play most other shooters, even counter-intuitively in some cases, the pyro is good at close quarters combat, but that doesn't mean you should get as close as possible to everyone you see. Anyway, it's a fun class to play and I am looking forward to the update. I can't wait to see the Meet the Sniper video either! :D

Well. Perfect time to be a medic, then :p
Tons of bad pyros running evreywhere not killing anything = fast ubercharges!

Valve have announced that the Pyro will be getting the next set of achievements/unlocks in TF2.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189941&site=pcg&skip=yes

Hah! Read the first sentence of your linked article. Then look at this: http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5577777&postcount=27

They probably troll ocforums bwaha..

I hope they also took my idea for an alternate pyro flamethrower, it acts like the medigun in that you aim it at a teammate, except when you are 'healing' someone with it, it doesn't do anything - until you right click. Then as long as you hold down the right mouse button, it burns ammo at the normal rate, but the person you are 'healing' gains the ability to fire flaming bullets/projectiles/melee attacks. No extra damage, just lights the targets on fire..

So.....basically we'll be expecting the final class's unlocks to be out a year from now? =(

So.....basically we'll be expecting the final class's unlocks to be out a year from now? =(

If we're lucky. I have a feeling they are going to be all done some time in late 2010. Not joking around, just basing my guess on how long it's been between the Meet The videos and how long the medic update took.

Haha, well Valve have said that we can expect the next class update "sooner than we think" or something like that, so I am staying optimistic. On the other hand, they are Valve and they do stuff when THEY feel like it, lol. I guess we will just have to wait and find out. :)

Oh and for anyone who hasn't seen it, here is a handy Valve Time conversion chart: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

:D

Pyro needs the ability to hose down an area with liquid napalm, and then when he so chooses, toss a match :D :D :D

Pyro needs the ability to hose down an area with liquid napalm, and then when he so chooses, toss a match :D :D :D

OOoh ooh or load some of his fuel into a sentry gun so it can torch people who get too close in addition to the guns/rockets :)

oh man. first it was all medic teams. now its gonna be all pyro teams. thats not gonna be too bad though. axes only anyone? :D

They said it wouldn't take as long to finish the new ones as it did with the Medic because they already have the loadout system done. But it doesn't mean it won't take them a while. Weapon ideas need to be made, then tested. Achievements need to be made, then tested. Then they have to bring weapon and achievement ideas together, then tested.

Luckily/Unfortunately, Valve likes to test things like theres no tomorrow before releasing it.

Last edited:
Sweet. Thursday in Valve time is 'possibly by Saturday afternoon and almost definitely by the beginning of next week.' That means we'll probably see the update in early July :)

Back