• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice freebies. Only problem, if you reformat the PC at later time, you can't reinstall this software :( No free support or free upgrade either.

But freebie's a freebie =P

will this auther DVD's also? I can not find a program that will auther DVD's from scratch and then burn themm into DVD format (IE. VOB files). I use clone dvd to copy my movies becouse it is faster than almost anything out there, but most dvd authering programs auther in like an mpeg format so you basicaly have a video disk instead of a dvd even though it is burned to a dvd disk.

Sorry did not mean to hijak this tread with my question.

Program won't stay activated, I think this may been a bait & switch deal.

I check under "registration" and it still says it's not registered, after I've successfully entered the registration information. Time will tell if I am correct.

did you go to help-enter liscend code-then put in the serial that was in the read me? Not trying to be a smart butt if you did. I just double checked mine and it does not say unregisterd anymore at the top.

After playing with this app for a bit my impression is "meh". It's a simple, easy to use program if you want to rip DVD's for your zune, ipod, etc. mobile video player. But the same process can be quickly and easily done using multiple freeware programs.

yes - but have you ever actually tried to teach someone how to use those freeware programs?

I have... and its not something I volunteer to do anymore.

Same here. Those program are probably OK for noobs but I've been ripping DVD (for backup, seriously) for oh since 2001 when I got my first DVD-ROM. I'm used to a more complicated freeware that does what I want to do without excessive hands holding.

Nice freebies. Only problem, if you reformat the PC at later time, you can't reinstall this software :( No free support or free upgrade either.

But freebie's a freebie =P

this is exactly why i'm upset. if i can only use a good prog for 2 months i'm better off not using it at all... simply b/c i know after a format i'll be FORCED to buy it b/c i will be to used to it.

for that reason, even tho i DLed it the other day, i may not even bother using it. :(

Back