• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bloodiron mod question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JC1

Registered
Since I will be building a new pc based on the bloodiron I wanted to know if anyone has done any mods designed to help keep the board stable while OC'ing i.e. heatsinks on the mosfet's...

Thanks

Nope. Been perfectly stable for me without any mods.

Only thing I can recommend is putting a small 40mm fan on the northbridge heatsink. It gets a little warm, but that's the only fault in the board I can find.

-Collin-

good idea... what did you use? Additionally how fast you running your for daily ops?

Nope. Been perfectly stable for me without any mods.

Only thing I can recommend is putting a small 40mm fan on the northbridge heatsink. It gets a little warm, but that's the only fault in the board I can find.

-Collin-

I'll cuncur. I added a 70mm fan to mine. Running 9x455 here. My 4gb set doesn't go any higher.

70mm that sound big... got a photo to show the details..?

Thanks

Lemm take a pic, brb :) Fan is from one of the first 939 sinks i had wayy back, lol.

*edit*
Pic as resquested;

Fan attached with double sided tape ;) Covers the entire NB sink and keeps it extremely cool @ 37c fully loaded. NB voltage @ 1.31v

Last edited:
wow you got some FAT H20 tubes ;) Thanks for the pix!

Lemm take a pic, brb :) Fan is from one of the first 939 sinks i had wayy back, lol.

*edit*
Pic as resquested;

Fan attached with double sided tape ;) Covers the entire NB sink and keeps it extremely cool @ 37c fully loaded. NB voltage @ 1.31v

Nebulous...what the heck are all those tubes on there for? Looks like some sort of water cooling or something :confused: :beer:

JK, how come you didn't throw a block on the NB? Guess it's really not necessary with the 70mm on there. Looking good.

-Collin-

Back