• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattnchris

Registered
I am new to overclocking and i have intel pentium dual cpu e2180 @ 2.00ghz.
I have overclocked this processor to 2.40 and thats the highest I can get it to go in bios. I am just running air in my case. I question is that i noticed that my memory has also gone up to 399.6mhz from 333.3mhz is this bad for my memory. i have two 1 gig of memory making 2gig adata dual channel. I ran 3dmark and memtest and no errors.:confused:

:welcome: to the forums!
No, its not bad for the memory - once you start to up the dimm voltage too high, thats when its not good for the memory. Have you tried to up the vcore of the CPU? Also consider getting better cooling (if your running stock intel cooler) for a higher overclock. Good luck :thup:

Thanks

So what you are telling me that im ok just as long as i dont play with the voltage. I am running the stock cooler. I am very happy with it right now but i was just wondering if i could ruin tham at these speeds. thanks for the reply. Should i even try to mess with the vcore with a stock cooler?

So what you are telling me that im ok just as long as i dont play with the voltage. I am running the stock cooler. I am very happy with it right now but i was just wondering if i could ruin tham at these speeds. thanks for the reply. Should i even try to mess with the vcore with a stock cooler?

Your fine..your ram is fine....if your happy with the way it runs now, just leave it be.
if your not looking for more of an overclock, leave the Vcore where it is.
Your not causing any damage at all like that.

You can bump the voltage of the ram up by one notch or so, but I would recommend getting better ram.

You can play with the cpu voltage a bit, but watch your temps. As soon as you increase your vcore, your temp will go up. So aslong as the temps are fine, you can increase your vcore.

Normal processor temps

does anyone know where i can find a website that will tell me the normal temp for my processor?:screwy:

Back