• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how hot is 63c full load??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattatwar

Registered
ive got a asus rampage and a e8400 cpu overclocked to 4.05gzh! 450x9.0 1.4 volts but cpz says its at bout 1.38 whys that??? its running at 42c idle and bout 60c full load is that good or bad?? how can i can to get temp down if i do nee to??????? cheers guys u lot r great!!!

What cooler are you using? also what kinda case fans do you have?

60C full load isn't bad.

More air flow maybe.
Artic Silver paste, some like the ceramic (?) never tired it myself.

Spend more $$ on a different cooler.

The cheap way, -add more fans. More Air Flow.
In a case?

clean up the wires. Make it flow better.

The voltage you set in BIOS will never be the real voltage, its always a little lower. I believe this is called VDroop(SP?) but check this with others.

yes and I'm on your trail :D

the TT 120 isn't the best cooler for a 45nm at 4ghz IMO.

The voltage you set in BIOS will never be the real voltage, its always a little lower. I believe this is called VDroop(SP?) but check this with others.

What your refering to is called VDrop, this is the difference of voltage between bios setting and actual.

VDroop is the drop in voltage between idle and load, some boards have this really bad (my p5k before voltmod would be at 1.47 idle and 1.31 load :bang head) This can cause high idle temps at idle and instability at load

Back