• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me a (recent) RTS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Like it says. Something on the long side, but not repetitive or boring. Gotta be modern or sci-fi based (ie, not fantasy or historical). I'm thinking Sins of a Solar Empire...any other recs?

C&C3?

I love the C&C series, but C&C3 was crap until the patch that made it soo much better.

It is repetitive at times but it's lots of fun.

My vote goes to C&C3, although I haven't played the patched version yet. I've just been playing a few skirmishes, but its damn fun :D

Another vote for Command & Conquer 3 here. It's a really great game and just had an expansion released too! Playing the campaign again myself :]

I'm trying Company of Heroes. Like it so far.

-World in Conflict...Overrated

-Supreme Commander...Overrated

-Dawn of War games...Underrated good fun

Stay away from C&C3 Kane's Wrath until the patch comes out

Soooooooooooooooooooooo many desyncing issues with online :(

Every so often mid game, i would lose connection with EA Online

Some days, 3/4 games would desync, some days are fine

But if ur willing to dare it, my in game name is As5as1n_ :)

Stay away from C&C3 Kane's Wrath until the patch comes out

Soooooooooooooooooooooo many desyncing issues with online :(

Every so often mid game, i would lose connection with EA Online

Some days, 3/4 games would desync, some days are fine

But if ur willing to dare it, my in game name is As5as1n_ :)
I'm actually looking more for single-player, which is what's pushing me away from Sins. I've got a ~30 hour (each way) trip to Singapore coming up and I need something to do. :)

Supreme commander, with the forged alliance expansion

The BEST RTS out there, forget the C&C stuff.

For a long flight it is unbeatable for levels of intensity and fun.

though i like C&C im gonna have to say go with supremem commander, and make sure tyo patch it to the latest version

Supreme commander, with the forged alliance expansion

The BEST RTS out there, forget the C&C stuff.

For a long flight it is unbeatable for levels of intensity and fun.

I agree, after all the fuss with C&C 3 I really tried to get into the multiplier (and campaign) but it just wasn't very interesting to me. After playing Supreme Commander for a few months there's no RTS that even compares. It takes some getting used to (the first week or so was rough) but the complexity of it is amazing. I played the forged alliance campaign a few times and it was pretty good.

Back