• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell E248WFP vs Acer P241 (both tn panels)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stangjason

Registered
I mostly just play games and was wondering which one of thes monitors I'd be most pleased with. I realize these are both TN panels but I'm too strapped to fork over much more money than this and I want a big wide screen for gaming. Right now the Dell E248WFP is on sale for cheap $339 vs the Acer P241w (CC for $379) and I was wondering which one of these would I be most pleased with?

btw I really don't need the hdmi at the moment though having wouldn't hurt if I ever found a use some day.

I've only owned Dells in the past, but I'd say give the Acer a shot. Much faster response time (I've never seen 2ms w/ a 24" before, should be no ghosting whatsoever), and it has HDMI in case you wanna plug a 360 Elite or a PS3 (or blu-ray/HD-DVD player in) or another computer. Again, I'm going out on a limb here, but for the price I'd give it a shot.

-Mobious-

I'm really leaning towards the Dell because of the price and I hope to run dual 24" monitors for gaming someday in which case Dell doesn't have model turnover as bad as other companies. My biggest concern is that the Dell may have a problem ghosting during games.

Back