• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E7200, Best pack date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g14novak

I've been searching around and decided I want to play with one of the E7200s. Looking at Hazaro's thread, they look like they perform pretty well.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what some of the good pack dates are. I have about 3 here that are 4/11/08 Q752A. Hazaros was 4/24/2008 Q811A and performed quite well.

Anyone know any other good pack dates besides that one that will perform well before I start cracking open processor boxes till I find a gem chip? :p

Help is much appreciated.

well if you got three, each one could oc differently. its like gambling some times its a crap shoot, though early cored ones will tend to be the best clockers. we really dont have enough data to say for sure which batch code. is the best ave. ocing for the E7200...

Well right now I'm looking at this.

This is on my 2nd system, P5B Deluxe, Mix-matched ram, and a 7900gs. Temps are on stock cooler.

316oc.png

well mix matching ram will prolly not work so well, if they are different speed ratings. unless you know they can all do the same speed...

Their both DDR2-800, just different brand. One stick is G.Skill and the other is SuperTalent.

Running at 421mhz @ 5-5-5-15 on 2.0V right now.

ok.... sounds like you got it pretty much so a 1:1 ratio sounds like you got till 425mhs fsb till you may have issues.

It's on 5:4 ratio right now. 1:1 ratio at 425mhz is 4Ghz and I don't think the stock cooler can handle that. :p

I'm really learning to like this CPU.

Yes, orthos is only at 3 minutes, but the temps didn't change after 30 so I just posted this pic.

Same volts, 3.42Ghz:

342oc.png

I would but I'm running out of temperature room. :p

I'll post some unloaded pics. Can't do any more load temp pics until my TRUE and fans get here.

One thing I really wish I could do with this board is manually set the VCore. For some reason, the P5B won't let me do it by hand. I try to go to the drop down menu and theirs only the Auto setting.

Oh well. Heres one more for you all.

(It is 3.8, but Speedstep kicked in and dropped the multi)

38unloadedoc.png

Last edited:
That was on auto setting. When I get my TRUE, I'm going to do some fine tuning for the tests.

CPU-Z is showing the correct voltages the whole time.

Just a pointer, never set your volts at auto, it can overvolt the components in your system. I read that somewhere here, but I can't site it atm :shrug: And disable speedstep in the bios as well as C1E. ;)

A $25 Freezer 7 Pro or Scythe Katana 2 would go along way to getting a higher OC, 4ghz is easily done, after that voltages get really high and no cooler is going to change that anyways.

Auto on voltage is bad as oldskool says, it over compensates alot especially for 45nm CPUs which need much less voltage then usual.

A $25 Freezer 7 Pro or Scythe Katana 2 would go along way to getting a higher OC, 4ghz is easily done, after that voltages get really high and no cooler is going to change that anyways.

Auto on voltage is bad as oldskool says, it over compensates alot especially for 45nm CPUs which need much less voltage then usual.

Yeah. I finally got the voltage setting in my bios working right.

And I have a TRUE and 3 Panaflo fans on the way.

Will post more results with the new cooler.

Should be here Friday!

And what the auto setting does is give the chip enough voltage for the frequency you set so it can be guaranteed stable. It unfortunately can blow out a lot of things on the motherboard. Quick suicide runs are the only time I ever use auto. So I can boot up, take a screenie, save it and reboot to change settings.

Yeah. I finally got the voltage setting in my bios working right.

And I have a TRUE and 3 Panaflo fans on the way.

Will post more results with the new cooler.

Should be here Friday!

And what the auto setting does is give the chip enough voltage for the frequency you set so it can be guaranteed stable. It unfortunately can blow out a lot of things on the motherboard. Quick suicide runs are the only time I ever use auto. So I can boot up, take a screenie, save it and reboot to change settings.
I have E8400 OC 4Ghz with GA-P35-DS3L with auto on all things is it ok, how can i tell what the true voltage is anyway.

The newest version of CPU-Z tells the true voltage now.

These E7200's are really nice chips. I'd recommend getting them for a good cheap upgrade if your planning on moving up from your E2xxx or E4xxx soon.

I upgraded this rig from a E6600 and this chip performs considerably better. Only downside is 3mb L2 cache compared to the E6600 which has 4mb.

So I'm quite mad at this P5B Deluxe right now. The VDrop and VDroop are unbelievable.

I had a IP35-E before this so I was use to seeing .02 tops for VDroop on my E6420.

This, I'm looking at VDrop of about 0.03 to 0.04 and VDroop of 0.02 to 0.03.

Currently testing 3.7GHz @ 1.296v (1.3525 Bios VCore)

It's a whole different ballgame with this P965 chipset...

Back