• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unknown device... help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hey there, I have a unknown device in device mgr.

This is what I know...

I had installed a new processor from e6600 to e3110, I had cleared the cmos before installing 3110, booted up np but during ocing session found out that my current bios (14) wasn't playing nicely with e3110, so I flashed to bios (16) the most current on abit site, after the flash and a boot into windows I powered off & cleared the cmos for an hour and then rebooted into the bios and reset it up at default speeds etc...

boot into windows and during that windows starts installing new drivers, Im thinking why is it doing that all I did was change the cpu & flash the bios...

there was no problems tho... so I guess no harm no foul but I looked in device mgr anyway & now theres some unknown device which was not there prior to the cpu upgrade & bios flash...

this is what is in the properties of that device.

General tab...
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
Manufacturer: unknown
Device type: Other devices

Details tab...
Device instance id:
ACPI\ABT2005\3&2411E6FE&0

Recourses tab...
I/0 range 00E0 - 00EF
IRQ 03

thx for the help...

arg sorry for the post i just googled it and seems to be the uguru software needs to be installed for the guru chip..

Back