• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few question about my bios!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onguardtech

Registered
Hey guys,

I have a few questions.
First of i have the Abit IP35-pro
What are: MCH, ICH, ICHI0, CPU GTLREF????/ and can i adjust my NB/SB voltage??

In your manual section 2 -- Bios setup:

- MCH
This item selects the voltage for MCH (NB).

- ICH
This item selects the Core voltage for ICH (SB).

- ICHIO
This item selects the I/O voltage for ICH (SB).

- CPU GTLREF 0&2 / CPU GTLREF 1&3
These items select the percentage ratio of CPU VTT voltage for each group of the CPU GTL reference voltage.

You can make adjustments in your bios under uguru utility, then under Voltages Control.

What are you trying to do ??

My IP35Pro's are running 450fsb (most of which) with default MCH voltage (1.25)

im trying to achieve a 3.9ghz overclock on my cpu...I have seen it done, i have even seen 4.0 hit before on this chip....

your nb probably isn't limiting your overclock on that chip, not at fsb needed for that, you should be fine on stock mch volts

would be the fsb wall with his cpu... expecting 3.9ghz from a E2180 is hard to swallow, about the only time that would be possible. is when the cooling is LN2/Dry ICE/Phase for sub 0 cooling. expecting that on water cooling or air is :screwy:

ok, well. as far as the GTLREF, and CPU VTT...what should i increase those to to achieve highest overclock

it really can't be said what it needs to be set to, it all depends on the cpu, you really need to set each individually and test till you find the right combination

what fsb are you at now? GTLREF %'s should be 67 defualt in bios. highest oc is going to depend on the cpu more then the voltages being used. if your using the defualt mutli on the cpu then you bound to hit the cpu's max speed it will do first.

im at 9x375 right now..ive taken it to 400. But until i know more about the voltages/settings im leaving it lower

Back