• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rad air flow question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nan0_man

So I'll be using 2 80mm black ice rads in my new sunbeam clear cube case, found here: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=276&products_id=21509 .
I intend to try and fit them inside the case to keep everything nice and neat but obviously that would mean the fan mounted on the rad will either be sucking external air into the case or vice versa. Which would be better?
I had thought I could add a fan on the side of the case to help expell the air brought into the case by the 2 rads, but I would like the unit to be as quiet as pos so im not sure.

So....external air into the case?

Yes, you want external cool air coming into the case. You can add another case fan to push the internal warm air out of the case.

If noise is a concern, add a fan controller to adjust fan speeds, thus reducing noise ;)

as stated, best is cool outside air being drawn in and pushed through the rad. just make sure you have nice air flow through the case. ie. air being pulled in at front and bottom and then exhausts at top and rear (as an example).

You have the same case as what I have! And the same radiator too. But I am replacing it with a single 120mm Danger Den Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice (Blue color) just to cool the Phenom. The Dual 80mm will be used to cool the GPUs to replace the single 80mm.

CIMG1831.jpg

CIMG1832.jpg

CIMG1833.jpg

CIMG1834.jpg

CIMG1835.jpg

276067139.png

Asus Crosshair (RMAed) Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition Phenom 9500 Mushkin 996533 EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 320MB X2 SLI Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block SB Audigy Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB Alphacool NexXxoS X2 Bold Highflow Socket AM2 Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Water-block XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 3/8" ID

Last edited:
Back