• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I click "ping all" and it just sits there at "pinging..."

Well, it turns out they were running a special on the NY/NJ datacenter, $1 a slot for 20 slots TF2 public. I went ahead and got the first month rolling. I'll post up the IP when it's set up, and if anyone wants to volunteer to help with admin and setup, just post up and we'll talk. beatbox, I'm looking at you :p

Is this going to be a public server?

Yes, but if it becomes problematic, we can add a password to make it OCF members only. The IP is 208.167.244.177:27015, but it's probably just running vanilla now. No plugins or mods or maps yet.

I think it's 66, why?

I was just wondering if there idea of not overloading the server was to set every game server at 33 tick. You got 5 days money back right? We need to get the server fully loaded and see if they can handle the load. IE an oversold server... I am in no means, trying to diss your purchase. I appreciate it and if we get something going, I dont mind donating. I am just trying to determine if that hosting company is providing you with the best/bang/buck

I was just wondering if there idea of not overloading the server was to set every game server at 33 tick. You got 5 days money back right? We need to get the server fully loaded and see if they can handle the load. IE an oversold server... I am in no means, trying to diss your purchase. I appreciate it and if we get something going, I dont mind donating. I am just trying to determine if that hosting company is providing you with the best/bang/buck

I wouldn't have jumped on it so soon but gameservers.com has a decent reputation and with the 5 day money back thing, we can't lose :) I'm going to jump in there now that I'm home and see how it runs, anyone with plugin or map suggestions post them up!

I wouldn't have jumped on it so soon but gameservers.com has a decent reputation and with the 5 day money back thing, we can't lose :) I'm going to jump in there now that I'm home and see how it runs, anyone with plugin or map suggestions post them up!

I found the server but it says "cannot connect to server"
Im guessing you might be tweaking the server, just let me know when your all done.

I found the server but it says "cannot connect to server"
Im guessing you might be tweaking the server, just let me know when your all done.

I just setup an initial .cfg, let me know how this looks, those of you who have done this before:
Code:
hostname "Completely UNofficial OCForums.com TF2"
rcon_password "**********"

sv_rcon_banpenalty 15 //Number of minutes to ban users who fail rcon authentication
sv_rcon_log 1 //Enable/disable rcon logging.
sv_rcon_maxfailures 2 //Max number of times a user can fail rcon authentication before being banned
sv_rcon_minfailures 2 //Number of times a user can fail rcon authentication in sv_rcon_minfailuretime before being banned
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 60 //Number of seconds to track failed rcon authentications

sv_password ""
sv_lan "0"
sv_downloadurl
sv_region "0"
sv_pausable "0"
sv_cheats "0"
sv_consistency "1"
sv_allowupload "1"
sv_allowdownload "1"
sv_timeout "300"
sv_pure "1"
sv_pure_kick_clients "1"

mp_timelimit "30"
mp_footsteps "1"

mp_idledealmethod 2 //Deals with Idle Players. 1 = Sends them into Spectator mode then kicks them if they're still idle, 2 = Kicks them out of the game
mp_idlemaxtime 1 //Maximum time a player is allowed to be idle (in minutes)
mp_maxrounds 10 //max number of rounds to play before server changes maps
mp_teams_unbalance_limit 2 //Teams are unbalanced when one team has this many more players than the other team. (0 disables check)

tf_flag_caps_per_round "4"
tf_stats_track "1"
tf_playergib "1"

// bandwidth rates/settings
sv_minrate 13000
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_minupdaterate 33
sv_maxupdaterate 67
sv_mincmdrate 33
sv_maxcmdrate 67
sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
sv_client_predict 1
sv_client_interpolate 1
sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1
sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1
net_maxfilesize 128
sv_voicecodec vaudio_speex
writeid
writeip
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

It should be restarted and ready to go now.

edit: oops, I'll bump the idle time allowed up a bit :)

edit again: Just a heads up, I'm adding and removing maps etc, it won't be stable for a little while..

Last edited:
For what its worth,

San Jose - 137.62ms
San Jose - 138.35ms
Los Angeles - 147.38ms

From New Zealand, on full line speed up/down ADSL.. usually sits around this speed (not bad for ADSL, imo)

281372898.png

i used gameservers for a temp server for 1 day for a css match cause our main server was down, they are a 100 tick servers i believe, if you order it make sure you submit a ticket and ask for 100 tick

but the css server was bad im not sure how the tf2 server will run

Hey gang.

I'll help out any way possible, including monetarily.

Anything you can think of off the top of your head Rat? I'll be heading out here in a bit but I should be back around 8-8:30 central.

I prolly should have this thread closed up or renamed or something, the server has been rented and in the process of setting up :)

If anyone wants to suggest plugins or maps, or set up a time to gather up and play, please do!

Back