• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI Video output(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kgriff123

OK here is a simple question that i haven't seen considerer or if it matters??????
With SLI enabled and all those output options has any one ever wondered which (if any) of the four outputs to use or for that matter which of the two (or three or four) cards to connect wide screen LCD monitor. Just a thought>>>> I have two EVGA 8600GTS's on Asus Crosshair / AMD FX2 5000+ BE @3.1gz OCZ Reaper @ 2X1 gz
Any thoughts more curious than troubled but would like to hear any thoughts ThanX ahead

:welcome: to the forums.

I believe only the top two ports are active when in SLi, but you can only use 1 of those 2 at a time.

Not as I know of.

Just requires a dual link DVI port, not dual dvi ports, I could be wrong.

as far as I know for SLi, it doesn't matter which port you use, it will detect which one is used and output. With SLi you can only have monitor enabled. If you disable SLi you can have 4 monitors connected.

When 30" LCD's first came out it did require 2 DVI cables, but now cards output dual-link so single cables work.

Back