• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coretemp displaying incorrect VID when Stepspeed in enabled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WorshipMe

Well, I found a Q6600 with a VID of 1.1625V, the seller is gave me that reading when SP was enabled. I have heard that Coretemp does not display the correct VID when SP is enabled. So, anyone with a Q6600, I need your help.

I assume you all have it disabled for OC'ing, so check your VID in Coretemp now, enable step speed and return to default clocks and test again.

It would be really helpful if Q6600 owners could help me with this.

Only 7H left on the auction:(.

My VID is 1.2125 at 9X and 1.0875 at 6X, my guess is that chip is probably one of the higher VID quads.

I just tested with my E8400, with overclocked settings, spep speed disabled, VID is 1.0375V. With stepspeed enabled VID is all over the place, but it never went lower than 1.0375, just higher.

I guess I'll have to wait for more replies.

I've finally recieved the pics from the seller. I'll just get them hosted.

It's a big dissapointment.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Heh don't worry, if you have not bought it, many folks get caught out if they do not fully understand what is going on. Just make sure that the Multi is at 9X as you can see in CoreTemp it is only 6X hence the low voltage displayed which you only need to run the processor at 266FSB X 6 = 1600 MHz.

So next time someone tries to pass you a misread you can also make them aware of how to correctly get a correct reading.

I didn't buy it. I was looking around for the perfect Q6600 and somebody came back to me claiming they had a Q6600 with a VID of 1.1625V, and this is what I discovered when I dug deeper.

All the guy has to do is run Prime and you'll see the correct VID, it will jump up, the VID he showed is will speedstep enabled and shows a false low VID

Hope all can learn from this :)

Back