• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li default fan CFM's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amb7247

Registered
Since I got a rocketfish case with Lian-LI default fans how much CFM's do these move? I hear they dn't move much air. I was considering putting fans in to replace these if they provide better airflow in the case.

also how do you take off the front fan of this case? Probably dumb question bt I'm trying to figure out how to replace the default Lian-Li fan there since it hardly pulls anything.

My guess is around 50cfm, not much.

For the front one, you have to take off the front panel. There are two screws on each *side* of the front panel, they blend in very well. After that, pop the filter off and you have access to the screws.

:welcome: to the forums BTW!

50? Seems to be less than that.... I'm gonna order some fans on xoxide. Put on a couple of fan filters and grills on top. I modified the case so I can get more positive airflow. One top fan blow more air in and the other doesn't blow as much out. I think a fan with 63CFM in and 49 CFM out should be good. to let the hot air out while pushing cooler air in. And the top if off with the thermaltake fan near the HDD should help. The rear fan actually pushes a godo amount out, I can feel a good bit of air moving out of it. Putting hte fans on the top in this configuratin really has lowered my CPU temps quite a bit.

Last edited:
and btw, the rocketfish case is a steal, best buy I've made in years. it's potential is almost unlimited, if size isn't an issue.

-------------
Case: Rocketfish
CPU: Q6600
HSF: ZeroThern Nirvana
GPU: Zotac 8800GT 512
HDD: too damn many

Back