• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mass effect keeps crashing help!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattatwar

Registered
ive just build my firsr pc!! and my first game i bort is mass effect and if keeps crashing is this a stabilty issue??

We need a bit more information than "game is crashing".

First, we need full system specs. Don't forget OS and driver versions.

What error or what does it do?

Some of the Gamer Forums are saying that the program is so processor and video instesive it causes your system to overheat, if you are overclocking try lowering the clock speed to the manufactures spec and give it a try.

I causes my Q6600 to go up about 5C* when I run it. So I belive them. My normal temp is 28*C for processor and 32*C for the motherboard. (the new ram is making the motherboard run 4*C hotter than before, used to be 30*C for both with a Duo overclocked to 2.6Ghz).
(I am running it on all four processors not one or two either)

Some of the Gamer Forums are saying that the program is so processor and video instesive it causes your system to overheat, if you are overclocking try lowering the clock speed to the manufactures spec and give it a try.

I causes my Q6600 to go up about 5C* when I run it. So I belive them. My normal temp is 28*C for processor and 32*C for the motherboard. (the new ram is making the motherboard run 4*C hotter than before, used to be 30*C for both with a Duo overclocked to 2.6Ghz).
(I am running it on all four processors not one or two either)

If those temps are accurate, then they are not nearly high enough to trigger malfunction.

I believe some other people were complaining that it crashed on them right near the beginning. It crashed on me once the first time I went to talk to Joker literally RIGHT at the beginning. I started it back up and it ran fine from there. The only ongoing error I had were some interesting tearing of the screen when turning slightly and during cut scenes and then some audio blips. But I think its an XP64 problem....

Also we need to know at what point the game crashed on you. Especially if it is consistent.

Here is my experience with MEPC crashing.

Trying to land on Noveria for the first time, crash crash crash and more crash. Rebooted and still crash, loaded an old saved game and try landing on Noveria and no crash. Loaded current game and landed on Noveria with no crash...

Tried entering Peak15 and froze right at the last missile turret. Tried loading previous game, reboot, tweak anti-virus like some suggested and still the game froze right at that point. Last resort, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and so far everything is working fine.

Last resort, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and so far everything is working fine.

Aaarrggghhh! I hate it when I read that. Especially as this game is about a 45 minute install. I think I went out and mowed the lawn while it was loading.:screwy: I past peak15 and no probs with my rig....yet.

Aaarrggghhh! I hate it when I read that. Especially as this game is about a 45 minute install. I think I went out and mowed the lawn while it was loading.:screwy: I past peak15 and no probs with my rig....yet.

Right on.

When you get to the next station DONT kill the giant rachni queen. If you let her go she pays you hardcore $$$

I updated my nvidia drivers and directx and it seemed to get rid of the crashing.

Back