• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your 8800 temperature...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sy2005

Registered
Air cooled

i wanna compare 8800gt temperature's, ive spent sum time sorting my case out (fans/wires/airflow)

can u people with 8800gt post idle temps of gpu pls? and speeds (stock/oc)

i have palit 8800gt 512mb (g92) @stock 600/1500/1800. my gpu fan is set to AUTO still, stock hs and fan

i get 42-43c on idle (...)

all my fans are on low (using fan controller), cpu fan auto (cool and quiet), psu fan auto.

cpu temp idle 33c & 32c

pc spec:
amd athlon 64 x2 4400+ @2.5ghz
2x 1gb corsair xms2 6400 4-4-4-18
250gb sata
8800gt 512mb @stock
550w colorsit psu

Last edited:
First get the fan off of auto and put at least 70% on it.

I have an Antec 900 modded for cable management (cant see no wires), I have 5 120mm fans and the 200mm on top sucking air out. My GT is on stock cooling with pieces cut away and has 1.1v going to it (came stock that way BFG) and a nice oc and I idle at 42c and never go above 67c full load gaming for hours. My temps will go up because it is hot as all hell in Michigan right now and I am gonna turn the air on soon lol.

lol its about 15c here outside :-/

after running avi tool for 15mins temp never went over 59c

i normally play crysis (1440x900 usin ultra high quality config) for hours with no probs. will get a temp 2mos playin crysis

and y set it to 70%?

I say set it to at least 70% because I just dont like the way the cards bios regulates my temps for me. My oc is kinda high and I dont want my card to overheat because my it decides to be stupid on me. Your card is running stock cooling at stock clocks at an idle temp of what does with my oc and 1.1v going to it. Plus, if you are using rivatuner or evga precision, then you are making the card run hotter due to the oc so I personally want to control what the card does. It is a small control freak thing I have going on lol.

so u have 2 fans on ur card?

i hav 1 (in orange)
f1.jpg

i guess my cards pritty good then (temps) :)

EDIT: oh i see uve overclock the s*it out of it lol so great temps

ye i use riva, i will set fan speed if/when i oc :)

Not all 8800GT cards have that cooler on them. Mine has a crappy single slot cooler on it that I had to cut the tin away in two spots to get decent airflow. Here is a pic of the card I have (not actual, but same model).

bfg8800gt.jpg

The red and green areas are cut away on mine.

Nice card cooler btw, wish mine came with an aftermarket one on there outta the box.

ye thats y i got it :) only 100quid new

didnt like the single slot 1's, ive read they run @90c!!

u get a good oc on that 1 tho :)

36C idle

50-55C full load

HR-03GT + AS5 (panflo 80mm on the hr-03gt) - No lapping done

Antec 900, top / back exaust on high, top front intake fan on high

That is with no VGA door fan atm, temps could be much better.

I backed the overclock down a little from 760c / 1900s / 1000m to what I have in my sig. Summer time etc.

(Bios soft 1.1V vmod was done)

Mine actually goes to about 50c, with my Akimbo dual slot cooler, after a bit of stability testing and just stays there. OC is in my sig.

mine never goes above 50°C (I use the auto overclock feature from ASUS SmartDoctor when playing games)

Same fan as SY2005

Numbers are in the sig for mine. That load temp is from ATITool though, gaming doesn't heat it up that much. The idle temp varies according to ambient of the room ;)

Well....

I have a Thermalright HR-03 GT on her with the 1.1V Bios Voltmod.

Have her from 650/1625/950 to 784/1998/999 and she purs nicely no issues.

Idle Temps 35-36C and Load Temps 41-43C Room temp mid to upper 70's
CPU Idle temps 30-32C and Load Temps 42-46C

Not per say exessive cooling in case Antec P180. 2 intake fans (1 lower chamber, 1 upper chamber) and 1x rear exhaust fan with 2 exhaust fans in top of case (3rd could be placed if desired). With the just 1 fan on the CPU and GPU heatsinks. All 120mm Sycthe 1,600RPM fans. Exhaust fans are controlled for lower speeds.

Side Note: Case has not been cleaned in 3 months and is rather dusty.

nice temps :)

looks like theres still work to b done, ill re-paste it see if that makes a dif

46c idle at mo, nice day tho :beer:

EDIT: wow the old hs paste was solid :s took sum elbow grease to get it off :)

put new paste on, now idle @ 42. better than 46 :)

max temp in ati tool 60c :)

just need a hotter day, dout that tho i live in uk lol

Last edited:
Back