• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

280GTX 3-way SLI benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jobrien2001

This was posted by VR-Zone

Think its for real?

3SLI_GTX280_m.png

Link to the article here: http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/3-way_SLI_GTX_280_Scores_P21350_In_3DMark_Vantage/5866.html

this has been posted in two threads already Anyway, yeah it seems about right to alot of ppl here. Ive never used Vantage so don't know anything about its scores on different cards.

Last edited:
Oh wow nice score. I only got 11,XXX, but my processor isn't as highly clocked. I hope they reduce the die shrink then make it run cool enough for a dual card like the 9800gx2. Then we will see how good the 4870x2 really is...

It's a nice score, but a score worth $2,100? And how would a tri-SLI 9800GTX or 9800GX2 stack up? I mean you got 11k but as you said, your CPU isn't at 4ghz and you're using two cards, versus not only 3 cards, but 3 VERY expensive cards.

Just wait for the them to sort out the drivers for em and see how higher they go. Gonna be nice, but too expensive for me. Im gonna get 2 GTS's when the price drops a little more after the launch.

Not too shabby, I spose we will have to wait until release for 100% confirmed real benchmarks though.

@henzo, I doubt the price of the 8800gts will drop much if at all. They sit in a specific price point in nvidias range and will likely stay there.

@henzo, I doubt the price of the 8800gts will drop much if at all. They sit in a specific price point in nvidias range and will likely stay there.

Wishful thinking for sure, but if they dont drop, they are still at a good price now though.

Back