• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2226bw wont switch from analog to digital?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

I swear I have tried everything with this thing to get it to switch from analog to digital. The first thing I did was switch the auto-source to manual, then I switched it to Digital. However when I did this i get three colored boxes (R,G,B) and it says check cable signal. Second, I read of a problem with some video cards being picky with which port you plug it into, so I have tried switching the ports the cable was plugged into. This however did nothing. There is an adapter on the end of the cable which I believe is so that can fit the graphics card port. I have no idea if that might be the source of the problem. But I am beat as to what the problem is, and I would GREATLY appreciate some help as to what the problem is I can't find a solution anywhere on the web. Is there some sort of cable that did not come with the monitor that I'm supposed to use for digital support or what? Btw the graphics card is an evga 8800gtx and the adapter has EVGA inscribed on it.

I just got a 226bw this weekend, couldn't test it yet as my GFX is broken, but it came with several cables...

I got a DVI cable as well as an Analog one, so does the monitor have two ports to connect them to... Did you make sure to stick it into the right port in the monitor?

I believe mine only came with 1 cable besides the power cable. There is 2 ports in the monitor but it does not fit into the other port.

Ok, the cable you're using now is it the small plug or the larger one?

Larger one = DVI
Small one = VGA

Last edited:
Nebulous, The cable used atm was the smaller one but i believe the one i just found might be the solution but i need confirmation on that.

So, that should be the right one, as it's a DVI (Digital) cable..

If there's any adapter attached to it... remove it

So, that should be the right one, as it's a DVI (Digital) cable..

If there's any adapter attached to it... remove it

That's correct. The cable with the larger connector is the DVI. Remove the smaller one (VGA) and hook up the DVI one, then you should have digital signal from the video card to the monitor. :)

Um, the cable does not fit into the port on my monitor, I didn't bother to check if it fit into the port into my graphics card once I realized this.

the one shown in your picture Neb, is what I need but what I have is the one shown in the link.

Um, the cable does not fit into the port on my monitor, I didn't bother to check if it fit into the port into my graphics card once I realized this.

Waitaminute, the DVI cable that came with your monitor does not fit on the monitor? :confused:

You should have 2 ports on the monitor: 1 (DVI) and 1 (VGA)

I have the 225BW and it has both. The monitor also came with both cables , 1 of each. I'm using the DVI.

Something ain't right.

the one shown in your picture Neb, is what I need but what I have is the one shown in the link.

Ok, then you'll have to order one online, or go to your nearest BB/CC and pay extra for one if you want DVI ( Digital).

I have whats shown in my link, but I need what is shown in your picture.

Right, I realize there both DVI cables but look at the pins.... the one in the link doesnt fit, but Nebs picture would, I also found another adapter with Evga inscribed in it. It looks like i can plug my vga cable into it to fit the dvi port?

Right, I realize there both DVI cables but look at the pins.... the one in the link doesnt fit, but Nebs picture would, I also found another adapter with Evga inscribed in it. It looks like i can plug my vga cable into it to fit the dvi port?

The adapter is for the video card, not the monitor. You still won't have digital tho. You need the DVI cable.

Odd that it doesn't fit, it should. Nothing you can do other than buying a new cable bro :-/

Thats really stupid, well... do I have to order it and have it shipped or will any dvi cable work?
EDIT: well obviously not any dvi cables works or I wouldnt have this problem.

Back