• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto-login multiple users in XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schnikies79

Got an odd question here as the title says. With fast user switching in XP, you can be logged into one account in the background and be using another at the console. Is it possible to auto-login one account at the console and another in the background? Essentially auto-login two different users, but with just one of them on the screen?

Running the programs under alternate credentials won't do. I need a 2nd user fully logged in.

EDIT: If this is not possible, is there a way to change (logout and login) via command line? That way I could do this in batch. I've googled to no avail.

Last edited:
Well I figured out a way to to do this, but it requires the hacked version of termsrv.dll which is against the Windows EULA (allowing more than one session to be active at the same time on the same computer), so I guess I'm not allowed to post the how-to and explain why I needed this?

Back