• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24" LCD SyncMaster Display (245BW) @ eCost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IntelLoyalist

Disabled
Link to eCost.com

Less than ten of these left and land the deal expires at noon Eastern time on Tuesday the 17th.

I have one on the way already.
24" LCD SyncMaster Display (245BW) Specifications:

Screen Size: 24"

Resolution:
* 1920x1200@60Hz (Analog)
* 1920x1200@60Hz (Digital)

Brightness: 400 cd/m²

Contrast Ratio: DC 3000:1 (1000:1)

Response time: 5ms

Viewing Angle (Horizontal / Vertical): 160º/160º

Signal input:
* Video Signal: Analog RGB, DVI
* Sync. Signal: Separate H/V, Composite H/V, SOG
* Connector: 15pin D-sub, DVI-D

Power:
* Power Consumption: 100 Watts
* Stand By Power (DPMS): <2 Watts

Plug & Play: DDC 2B

Multimedia Speakers: No

Dimension:
* Product Dimension(With stand, WxHxD): 22" x 17.5" x 9.8"
* Shipment Dimension: 28.9" x 22" x 13.8"
* Weight: 18.5 Lbs.

Stand: Function: Height Adjustable & Swivel & Tilt

They also have a nine other deals on Samsung displays on this list: Bargain Countdown
(You can scroll on your own)

These include:
  • A 22'' SyncMaster for $189,
  • A 22" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, also for $189,
  • A Widescreen 22" Syncmaster for $199, and;
  • A 17" SyncMaster for $134

It also includes some really nice prices on some other things, like a Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV w/ Dual HDMI for $439 and a Viewsonic 22" Widescreen Multi-Function HD LCD Monitor $218.

That's enough typing I think.

All that stuff is REFURBS though it seems.

Not all of their stuff, but certainly a lot is.

Personally, I PREFER to buy refurbs. And if you stop for a minute to think about precisely what a refurb IS; you might realize that you see the upside as well.

I should say that I am making a distinction here...
I'm not talking about "Open Box" or "Scratch & Dent", which although having potential advantages of their own; are perhaps best bought in person so that you can see just what the scratch or dent actually is.

Refurbished or Reconditioned items are individually inspected and repaired on a "one-to-one" basis by an individual technician that usually has a higher level of training than the original assembler.

This must be the most professional post I've seen in this cyber deals forum. Do you work at ecost?

:)

Looks like some really good deals.

So tempting! I think I'm going to hold out, though. I really want a 32" 1080P, but I'm really not sure...I'm sure the 24" will be a little sharper, but the 32" is so much bigger & 3x as expensive...:shrug:

Anyone got any advice?

This must be the most professional post I've seen in this cyber deals forum. Do you work at ecost?

:)

Looks like some really good deals.

LOL, no.

Honestly, I didn't even know they existed until a few days ago when I was searching for something else. I picked up a refurb Dell 610 at the same time; for $480.

I went to buy a new laptop for field work and I discovered that you can't get one with a Serial port anymore. And Vista doesn't have Hyperterminal in any case.

I had a real nice Latitude dual core with a DB-9 last year, when I was working for a school district. I forgot what model it was though.

It'll hit the off-lease market in a year or two and I'll snag a couple.

So tempting! I think I'm going to hold out, though. I really want a 32" 1080P, but I'm really not sure...I'm sure the 24" will be a little sharper, but the 32" is so much bigger & 3x as expensive...:shrug:

Anyone got any advice?

hold out for the 32"!

vmod services on the new cards will get you some extra coin :D

Please IntelLoyalist don't tell me you signed up at OCF to make this thread... please...

Please IntelLoyalist don't tell me you signed up at OCF to make this thread... please...

Well, you don't have to ask.
You can do a search and see what my first post was.

I made THIS post because I saw this thread, and I thought the deal I found was better.

Of course, if you want to believe that I'm a shill for some website; nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise anyway.

Not all of their stuff, but certainly a lot is.

Personally, I PREFER to buy refurbs. And if you stop for a minute to think about precisely what a refurb IS; you might realize that you see the upside as well.

I should say that I am making a distinction here...
I'm not talking about "Open Box" or "Scratch & Dent", which although having potential advantages of their own; are perhaps best bought in person so that you can see just what the scratch or dent actually is.

Refurbished or Reconditioned items are individually inspected and repaired on a "one-to-one" basis by an individual technician that usually has a higher level of training than the original assembler.

"I ask specifically because I spotted a S975XBX2 at eCost that takes a Socket T chip and has integrated RAID 0, 1, 5, and "

"I have one on the way already."

"Of course, if you want to believe that I'm a shill for some website; nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise anyway."

Lol, sorry intel but man, you suck at this whole shill thing. I mean, wowzers! Could you have been any more obvious? I highlighted the stuff that made my BS meter spin, in case you want to take notes.

Arguing that refurbs are better, man that stuff was classic!

Seriously though, this doesn't make me want to buy from ecost. That was a good price for a 24", but what's up with sending out guys like intel to do the marketing?

Intel, do you work there or is this like a referall type thing?

Back