• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect gripe (minor spoilers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

So I am doing the mission where Wrex has to get his ancestral armor back. I beat it no problem, only to look in the journal and see that it says Wrex is a little upset he didn't get to kill Tonn himself. So I replay the thing and make everyone hang back while I kill all the bad guys except Tonn, and try to let Wrex finish him off. I spend about 2 hours dying over and over trying to let Wrex get the kill. Finally, he does.

The friggin' journal says the SAME FRIGGIN' THING!

Just venting :)

Yes, the whole game is very annoying like that. At least I think it is, but I am still on the first planet and can't get on the stinking train because of all the dying. As it is, I had to die like twenty times just to get to the train station.

Did you talk to Wrex again afterwards? There might be some other dialog options to fix that.

I dont know if Im really awesome at videogames or something but I beat the crapp out of this game...

I beat the last boss(es) without even losing my full shield... so I say on normal the game is too easy. Im going to play again on hard- as a chick- cuzz you can do lesbo scenes if you do which is sick

Just beat it on normal, I wouldn't call it easy but I did beat the last boss without dying. I know I skipped over a lot of side quests to finish it this weekend so I definitely want to play it again! The ending was so awesome, I went full good side.

Well, I'm annoyed again. I've been doing all the side quests I possibly can. The only story mission I've done since getting to the citadel is Noveria. Been doing nothing but side missions for probably 20 hours. I just finished my mineral collecting. Every last one of them. The friggin reward was...... Nothing?? Ditto on the Turian insignias and Prothean (Protean? I forget) artifacts. Just the usual paltry sum of credits and xp. WTF. I expected something nice after scouring every planet edge to edge finding mineral deposits.

On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised while selling extra gear. I randomly passed 1,000,000 credits, and it opened up some new items in the shop. Very nice ones :santa:

Well, I'm annoyed again. I've been doing all the side quests I possibly can. The only story mission I've done since getting to the citadel is Noveria. Been doing nothing but side missions for probably 20 hours. I just finished my mineral collecting. Every last one of them. The friggin reward was...... Nothing?? Ditto on the Turian insignias and Prothean (Protean? I forget) artifacts. Just the usual paltry sum of credits and xp. WTF. I expected something nice after scouring every planet edge to edge finding mineral deposits.

On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised while selling extra gear. I randomly passed 1,000,000 credits, and it opened up some new items in the shop. Very nice ones :santa:

Ah crap, I was hoping getting the artifacts would do something kinda cool. Boo. Did you check your codex to see if there was any additional story stuff in there? (yup its Prothean)

I just expected to get money for the minerals, so you are sol there ;)

I dont know if Im really awesome at videogames or something but I beat the crapp out of this game...

I beat the last boss(es) without even losing my full shield... so I say on normal the game is too easy. Im going to play again on hard- as a chick- cuzz you can do lesbo scenes if you do which is sick

I died a couple times my first playthrough, second time not nearly as much, but I upped the difficulty to Hardcore. If you are going to use the same character (ie high level) then I'd doubt hard is difficult enough. I just have to run through Insanity next.

Ah crap, I was hoping getting the artifacts would do something kinda cool. Boo. Did you check your codex to see if there was any additional story stuff in there? (yup its Prothean)

I just expected to get money for the minerals, so you are sol there ;)

I'll check the codex when I get home from work. My gripe is the lack of 'unique' reward items. Putting a number after every item's name was a mistake as well IMHO, especially when some guns have a VII after them and are way worse than a IV version of a different one. It would have been much cooler if they had given each weapon a unique name or at least limited the use of the tiers.

Even a pat on the back cutscene for finishing the item-collection side quests would have been nice, instead of just updates the journal to grey out the items and that's it.

Don't get me wrong, still a really awesome game. Brings to mind the better elements of Star Control 2, Planet's Edge, Hard Nova, Megatraveller 2, and various other games I really liked. Hopefully ME2 will have some space combat though. Perhaps flying planetary vehicles and weapon/upgrade options as well :)

I'll check the codex when I get home from work. My gripe is the lack of 'unique' reward items. Putting a number after every item's name was a mistake as well IMHO, especially when some guns have a VII after them and are way worse than a IV version of a different one. It would have been much cooler if they had given each weapon a unique name or at least limited the use of the tiers.

Even a pat on the back cutscene for finishing the item-collection side quests would have been nice, instead of just updates the journal to grey out the items and that's it.

Don't get me wrong, still a really awesome game. Brings to mind the better elements of Star Control 2, Planet's Edge, Hard Nova, Megatraveller 2, and various other games I really liked. Hopefully ME2 will have some space combat though. Perhaps flying planetary vehicles and weapon/upgrade options as well :)

Well its that the guns are made by different manufacturers so they aren't all equal, some are better than others, no different than any game really.

I do agree that it would have been nice for there to be additional story or elements associated with some of the collection quests, especially the Prothean ones. (Did you catch the prothean temple one yet? Where a bunch of text appears) Even something as simple as that would have be nice.

Bioware makes good stuff so I can only expect ME2 to be awesome.

Back