• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stampy

How do you chage the core voltage on a ga-ep35-ds3l? ive been doing some overclocking trying to get my cpu stable at fsb of 333 but it wont even load windows i tried uping the cpu voltage to 1.8 but it still wont boot. so i lowered the fsb down to 300 were its prime stable at i looked at cpuz and it list my vcore at 1.02 wft its at 1.8 in the bios. so i messed around with it lowed the cpu voltage down to the stock 1.0625 and cpuz still reads 1.02. What am i doing wrong?

easy man.1.8v isnt safe for your proc.you have to adjust your voltage via the bios.i would check out some of the ocing stickies before you go any further with things.

try using cpuid hardware monitor or everest for reading your corevoltage.cpuz isnt always accurate.you may need to try a newer bios if your voltage settings arent sticking.
gl and go sloooow.

sorry type-o 1.18 volts. It seems to be just cpuz that reads it wrong realtemp reads it at 1.0625 (thats stock and where im at now) but cpuz reads it at 1.024 volts

Last edited:
It might help us to know what (besides the GA-EP35-DS3L board) the rest of your system spec's are, including CPU. Also include the rest of your voltages (including Vdimm, NB (MCH), SB, etc.), RAM timings (including primary and sub-timings), strap setting (DRAM speed), etc. as set in the BIOS... including the OS you're running.

It might help us to know what (besides the GA-EP35-DS3L board) the rest of your system spec's are, including CPU. Also include the rest of your voltages (including Vdimm, NB (MCH), SB, etc.), RAM timings (including primary and sub-timings), strap setting (DRAM speed), etc. as set in the BIOS... including the OS you're running.
ga-ep-ds3l ver 1.0 bios ver. f4
xp 32bit
as far as the rest of my voltages go ? dont know were to find them the bios doesnt list them
cpu E7200
my ram is running at 5 5 5 15 1.1

ran my voltage up to 1.2 in the bios and real temp reads 1.06 still?

i cant figure out why nothing reads my cpu voltage coreclty it read 1.0625 and thats no matter what i put in the bios

e7200 the problem. is there a new bios?

over clock it with the voltage on auto.

auto voltage doesnt change a thing ether. I can take the stock fsb of 266x9.5 at ramp the voltage up to 1.2 and it still reads 1.0625 on all my programs except cpuz which reads 1.02. :bang head

Back