• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Wifi Problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheeseboybeans

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a problem I'm having with my internet...

We have a BT router in our house and I just installed a TP-Link USB Wireless Adapter. It installed completely fine and everything appears to be in order.

However, certain sites refuse to load. Most annoyingly, I can get on google, but I can't search for anything. On Facebook I can enter my login details but then it doesn't log in...

On both machines, the main one with the router and my own with the adapter, the IP addresses and DNS server addresses are set to be obtained automatically. The problem is not present on the main machine.

Please help, this is so very frustrating...!

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Hey Sandwich,

Thanks for responding. I've cleared the cache and cookies on both machines, cleared the DNS and rebooted, but no change, Google still sits there refusing to search, the progress bar is there, it just doesn't move, it's like it's constipated...

Any other ideas? Unless there's a better way of flushing the DNS than repairing the connection...?

Cheers

Tom.

Back