• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info bout work units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russinhacker

hey guys, since due to technical difficulties i can only run a c2d e4500 (both cores 24/7) but i was still wondering since f@h is sending me huge WUs that this cpu takes a day and a half on average to complete (one WU per core of course) but does teh type of WU such as the size of it affect the number of "raffle" tickerts that we get. in other words does only the number of WU's count or does their size/quality also taken into consideration?

Ditto... post up in the Contest Thread after checking out the rules, if something still doesn't make sense I'll be happy to clarify. :)

It looked like just 1 ticket per WU to me...that's one reason why I didn't enter, I fold SMP on a single dual-core. Gives me a mediocre PPD, but a really crap WU output. Also, living on a little island that tends to tax the hell out of anything imported, even if by some miracle I won it might cost me a great deal...

Needless to say, I have been folding flat out anyway. Not that it makes much difference, although I *did* move up from having contributed 0.01% of T32's points to 0.02% recently! (ChasR has contributed over 5% for comparison)

Back