• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I just have one question the specs on the one i want are better or does it make a difference.

Well it all depends, Corsair PSU's are rated at contentious performance, Those might be able to hold that load for a few seconds, wait for a pro to come in ;)

I just have one question the specs on the one i want are better or does it make a difference.
Specs mean nothing unless the PSU can actually do them. I can print a sticker and box that says it does 10,000 watts and have the math to prove it on the little stick which I stick to the side of the PSU. That in no way means it is capable of doing 10k watts.

What you want is quality since there are many PSU manufacturers that will outright lie about the specs or twist them to seem very good. Corsair does not do this and their wattage is rated for continuous use.

is there any programs to look at voltages?
Nothing that would be accurate. The program reads sensors that the motherboard has. You can't put much faith behind them, I've had motherboards saying the 12v line was 16v. Get a DMM (digital multimeter) and check them manually.

Back