• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 9800GTX+ 55nm $229 July

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's rumored to be able to beat the 4850 pretty easily (9800GTX+), ~15-20% increase in performance. (JUST A RUMOR!) Sounds very likely though, that's about what you would expect dropping the die size.

It's just an overclock really though, we could test the performance of the stock speed today if we want to. I think the rest of the performance increase is from drivers which is great and all but NV releases official drivers so slowly that part of the increase would have come about anyway.

It's just an overclock really though, we could test the performance of the stock speed today if we want to. I think the rest of the performance increase is from drivers which is great and all but NV releases official drivers so slowly that part of the increase would have come about anyway.

TBH I think it'll clock a little better than the previous 9800GTX and the increased clocks are *hopefully* just from the die revision. The core speed only increased 68mhz from the previous 9800GTX which is about 10% more, sounds like just a die revision improvement to me.

I could see a 1GHz core speed on it (~260 core overclock, which is not that unreasonable).

Damn. I just got the 98GTX. If it really costs $230 being a better card than the $300 current GTX, that'll be ... weird. Will they just pull the plug on the current one, or make it cheaper? Wil EVGA give me my $70 back if I "step-up" to the GTX+?

The 9800GTX is going to fall to 199, while the 9800GTX+ will be 229. I'm not sure on the stepup policy, I've never done one before.

Damn. I just got the 98GTX. If it really costs $230 being a better card than the $300 current GTX, that'll be ... weird. Will they just pull the plug on the current one, or make it cheaper? Wil EVGA give me my $70 back if I "step-up" to the GTX+?

No they won't. If you're concerned you can see what return options you have through the reseller or with your CC company. Otherwise :( sorry you're kind of SOL.

No they won't. If you're concerned you can see what return options you have through the reseller or with your CC company. Otherwise :( sorry you're kind of SOL.

It's a standard 30-day return policy, so unless the GTX+ comes out before the end of june, i'm done for. But if the GTX+ a better card, i'll be content if EVGA will just let me exchange to it, even without the money back.

This was mentioned else where by ViperJohn. That the 9800GTX+ is suppositly a 65nm chip, that will be switched to 55nm. Don't know if its true or not but just remeber that possibly the early versions of the 9800GTX+ MIGHT be on the old 65nm DIE just OC'ed to said speeds with possibly little headroom.

Great, this is why its veryg ood when ATI comes up with great cards. Competition gives us better and cheaper products

Back