• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E3110 OC - going past 4.05?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darionis

Registered
Hey folks,

So I've finally gotten my new rig together, did the leak testing, everything seemed to check out - so I got down to overclocking.

I've got it up to 4.05Ghz at the moment with my Vcore at 1.304V - I haven't tried it much higher with this voltage, but I was a bit apprehensive with all the auto settings on the Asus Rampage - running the PC Probe II that's included with the rampage keeps giving me voltage warnings on DRAM Voltage and DRAM ref voltage.

Using DDR2-1000 GSkill ram and I'm not sure what's safe voltage for it.

With the Rampage - setting values with the green/yellow/red rating in the BIO - is it safe to go over the green? It looks like the majority of my temps are decent. Will post more info as I try it again.

(Seems stable a 4.05 so far- Prime95 is up to 1hour with no errors)

45nm tech so you are good up to 1.37v for 24/7.

What do the temps look like?

I would ignore the red, yellow, and green colors, although it should be noted that I have no experience with that specific mobo.

I'm not sure on the memory voltage capacity, but google is a nice tool ;) (looks to me like 2.0-2.1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145)<----guessing.

Nice overclock for sure :thup: Anyone please feel free to correct me, but I think this is sound advice.

Here's a nice voltage chart to get a general idea on what's the best voltage for 24/7 use.

You're @ 4.05Ghz, but what is your FSB at? I'm @ 4.1Ghz with 1.3vcore and 2.1vdimm (9x455) atm running 24/7. Cannot get this ram of mine to run pass 480 :-/, so I'm stuck running the 9 multi.

I would uninstall that Asus PC Probe crap and use something else to monitor your temps/voltages. I'd use one or all of these as each one gives a different value. You can compare them with the bios to get as close to accurate as the bios:

CoreTemp
RealTemp
HardWare Monitor
Everest

Everest is nice since it also monitors SB, and, more importantly, NB temps. I've got the Maximus Formula and I've taken my board up to 490MHz FSB but that was on the stock heatsink. I have a HR-05 IFX SLI on there now and it's made a huge difference in cooling. My Ultra Kazes (3000RPM) come in today, so hopefully I can try and push her up to 4.25 or 4.5GHz over the weekend. I can post results/settings since we have very similar setups (I also have that 2x2GB DDR2-1000 G.Skill RAM set!)

Ok, so I got everest and took some screenies. I've passed 1hr in Prime95 at 4185. Will run it longer when I can boot into windows at my goal of 4.2-4.5

overclockey1.jpg

tempsun3.jpg

And that's my rig. Running h20 - MCR320 rad with 6 Scythe Kaze Jyuni in push/pull mounted outside the case. Using the Feser One coolant (It's gotten some really nice reviews), D-Tek Fuzion v2 cpu waterblock, EK FC-3870X2 full cover gpu waterblock. MCP655 pump. Temps aren't very high as you can see. (Atleast compared to my old FX-60 + X1900XT cf!)

Edit: My motherboard (Asus Rampage Formula) has a lot of auto on the overclocking settings - it looks like it bumps the DRAM frq to what I have the FSB set at (so 450 -> 450, 465 ->465) Is this ok or?

Ok, so I've got it to boot into windows at 4230. Prime95 ran for 35 minutes until it encountered a fatal error rounding and stopped. To increase stability - would I increase CPU voltage?

I'm at 1.4 BIOS 1.35 actual for voltage at the moment.

(Also, is there any reason why only 1 worker thread on Prime95 fails while the other continues fine?)

Personally, I would try dropping to 4.2Ghz and re-run the test. Another option is to increases voltage by one step being careful not to break 1.37v idle.

Back